FOUND: Walmart = Missing Link

Johnny Awesome said:
Naturally I agree with Ben, because he's right. :)

probably.

The worst thing that could happen to Sony is that all the core PS2 owners go out and get an Xbox. This would really hurt multi-platform game sales on PS2. This is bound to happen more and more as the prices get lower.

It all depends of your definition of "core ps2 owner". Most console owner does own only one console by gen, IMO.

Vince-

Actually, I'd hope the analyst would take sales like this into account as Marco said. It should be assumed really and if Sony missed by 1M or 3M, either way, they failed to hit their targets and should pay (as MS did that day) in share price and investor confidence.

What you are saying is that if Merril Lynch has an incompetent analyst Sony's stock should take a beating.

Unlike, the all knowing Johnney Awesome - who thinks he's smarter than the Analysts (I'll laugh at that one later) - they get information and projections from the vendors. This is their job; SCE, MS, Nintendo all want to look good in the investors eyes and do what it takes to make these guys represent them well.

Handing out non public information to analysts is insider trading, and it is a felony(jail time in today's market). MS can release projections to analysts and their shareholders at the same time, they can not hand out information to analysts without notifying share holders of exactly what information was divulged. When a company makes a projection for what numbers they are going to hit, they release a PR statement for the world to see. MS did not do this. The analyst projected out what he thought was going to happen.

Back