Forza Horizon 5 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

I wonder why FH always have these "CG-look". While GT always have "photo realistic look"

I can't point out the cause at all. Surely maybe simply due to different art direction. But what exactly the things that makes FH have CG-look?
I would guess motion blur while driving

Oh no, don't you dare lay a curse on the developement of the next Fable game. :p

Your character is a reskinned car, all the NPCs are reskinned cars. Your cosmetic items are also cars 'driving' in position relative to your character. Your inventory is actually a garage, which your character/car is teleported to every time you open it.

I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine.

Your character is a reskinned car, all the NPCs are reskinned cars. Your cosmetic items are also cars 'driving' in position relative to your character. Your inventory is actually a garage, which your character/car is teleported to every time you open it.

I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine.

And your armor, etc can be customized with custom decals... Uh.. With custom tailors!

other than the graphics, they also nailed the sound of many cars, it's a pure joy with a headset in cockpit view.

Yeah, that's one thing I forgot to mention before. The audio in the game is fantastic, especially with Dolby Atmos on headphones. I don't have an Atmos HT setup, so I can't tell if it's as good on a Atmos speaker setup, but I'd imagine that's good as well.

Regards,
SB

OK, I'm really starting to feel like I'm going to have to get a steering wheel for this.

The sounds and the graphics combine to make me feel like I felt driving around when I was much younger. They even have the '74 Celica GT that I drove the shit out of in Japan. However, I wish they had more of the cars that I drove when I was younger like the Datsun 240z and 280z. Would have also loved to see the Series 3 RX-7 that I drove in the mid 80's (and spectacularly crashed into a rice paddy in the middle of Tokyo). /sigh. They have the 1st gen MR2, but unfortunately not the 2nd gen MR2 that I drove in the early 90's. If they eventually release a Japanese vintage car pack, I'd probably buy it for FH5.

Man, I wonder if there will eventually be a way to import our own music into the game. I'd love to load up some 70's and 80's tracks and just veg. out driving as remembering the pure joy I used to have just hopping in a car and cruising around.

In a lot of ways, the audio and visuals of this game are so good that driving is just so cathartic. And with no pressure to have to "do" anything, driving around relatively aimlessly becomes a sort of Zen moment in an otherwise hectic life.

Hell, after 10's of hours played, I've only just recently gotten the first free house in the game. :p

Yeah, it's getting really tempting to invest in a steering wheel purely for use with this game.

BTW - Sunrise after it's rained with most of the clouds gone but roads and terrain still wet from the rain is an absolutely gorgeous sight. Driving towards the sun as it just starts to peek over the horizon is just magical in that moment.

Regards,
SB

So speaking of good audio, can someone explain to me how dolby atmos works on xsx? I see there is an dolby app which i purchased and in the setup menu i chosed my headphones and atmos. Is this everything i have to do to have it enabled? Sorry for stupid question but i genuinely have no idea how this works .... :(

So speaking of good audio, can someone explain to me how dolby atmos works on xsx? I see there is an dolby app which i purchased and in the setup menu i chosed my headphones and atmos. Is this everything i have to do to have it enabled? Sorry for stupid question but i genuinely have no idea how this works .... :(

Depends on how you're listening.

Dolby Atmos with an AVR (Audio/Video Reciever) or Soundbar that can do DolyAtmos is free. The cost of the Atmos license is already covered by that hardware.

Dolby Atmos for Headphones requires a license, which is handled via a standalone app on Console or PC.

The same applies for the DTS Sound Unbound. It's a Dolby Atmos competitor from the other audio camp.

I have not dealt with DTS, but with Dolby Atmos for Headphones, the Xbox license also works on Windows as it tied to your Microsoft account. Also, some Headphones come with a license and some come with a time limited trial, possibly as long as 2 years.

that should be all you need to do if your sound system supports it.

That reminds me, I should try out FH5 on Dolby Atmos for Headphones tonight.

Back