Forza Horizon 2 on the horizon! [XO,X360]

I think the gameplay looks kind of turds. Do they have more structured races with frequent waypoints? Even GTA5 style races? To me, the fun in racing games is negotiating difficult turns, and a planned course lends itself to that. The off road driving doesn't look like a lot of fun.

Yea they have structured events and races all over the world. driving there is however you want.

Yea they have structured events and races all over the world. driving there is however you want.

Ok. The gameplay I was watching seemed very boring. They joined a car club event, and they had to race to some location on the map which was very far away, but most of it they were just driving across huge grass fields.

Ok. The gameplay I was watching seemed very boring. They joined a car club event, and they had to race to some location on the map which was very far away, but most of it they were just driving across huge grass fields.

Yea some events are a gps race event. Like get to point B from A you choose how to get there. Then there are more structured ones like races, off road races, rallies, different race mode types like tag. Etc.

All there!

on forza xbox360, even normal race are fun due to the AI. They behave like players, sometime stupidly :D the track selection also nice.
i think thats the reason i spend more time on FH than FM and GT

looking at FH2, it seems they expand the FH (drive anywhere) but keeping the feel intact.

EDIT:
hopefully the GPS voice command are better (no need to pause for every command, can just combine sentence)

Some massive changes in the Gamescom demo.

G7Mg2cN.jpg

XHlvYP8.jpg

Is this closer to what you're looking for?

http://youtu.be/e1Q02SZkVCM?t=6m18s

Because if it's anything like the first game, you'll have a lot of tracks like that.

Forward Rendering for Forza Horizon 2:

"We decided early on that we wouldn't be able to transition to deferred shading due to its inherent drawbacks, in particular the material variety limitations that would have impacted the vehicle rendering. Instead we used a hybrid forward rendered approach that allowed for multiple dynamic light sources along with static lightmaps for environment lights. We also added a range of other lighting effects, concentrating on the car light sources in particular, and also ensuring that everything was fully controllable by the artists with real-time visual feedback."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-making-of-forza-horizon

Isn't that for the original Forza Horizon?

Isn't that for the original Forza Horizon?

oops ... don't know how I referenced that old article, I was reading up on its old engine before reading up on its new one..

Anyway here's the proper quote and ref...

"Playground has implemented Forward Plus rendering as the game’s dynamic lighting solution – one of the first console games to use this technology. Forward Plus rendering enable us to pour thousands of individual dynamic lights into a scene – not just headlights, the sun and the moon, but the thousands of lights which bring the glittering city of Nice to life, and the spectacular pyrotechnics of the Horizon Festival itself."

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_gamescom_2014

Oh wow. I guess this makes sense. I was hoping to see a forward+ game so that it could be talked about.

Looks great though I imagine forward+ style struggles a little bit more with implementing GI over deferred due to the extra compute costs it's already performing?

Why are the three commentators Brits? I'm used to a multinational flavour in studios, but as a US studio, hearing three British accents is unnerving. It is made in the US, right? Horizon 2 isn't a UK production?

I believe "PlayGround Studios" took "Turn10's" engine and ran with it for FH2 XB1 ..

Sumo Studios for XB360...

Turn10 a supporting role ...

So it's a mostly British development for the XB1 version ... Atleast that's how I've interpreted all their public announcements in the past months..

Wikipedia : FH2 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forza_Horizon_2

Launch trailer, have to say it looks pretty nice and definitely got me interested. This would be the first 1080p game on my Xbone.

HNNNNNNNNNNNUNGGNGNGNGNGNNG
cars glorious

can't help myself. Destiny your days are limited

:runaway: B-E-A-UTIFUL! Very well done Playground Games! Looks like you got another gem in your hands with FH2!

Can't wait to play it!

:) I'll be playing this with speakers all the way up!

edited: ok finished playing for a couple of hours .... brilliant and definitely gonna pre-order this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back