Forza Horizon 2 on the horizon! [XO,X360]

Looking at the footage again; is it possible that they are showing the 360 footage and xbox1 footage mixed? Because the game has a really distinct cross-generation feel to it, and that's not just the colours or the paint shaders in non-photomode screenshots, I am talking about world detail, textures and the car models.

Looking at the footage again; is it possible that they are showing the 360 footage and xbox1 footage mixed? Because the game has a really distinct cross-generation feel to it, and that's not just the colours or the paint shaders in non-photomode screenshots, I am talking about world detail, textures and the car models.

Fairly positive they have only been showing x1 only, similar to how they only showed the x1 version of titanfall. I don't expect to see 360 footage until just before release.

Can you highlight the parts you thought were 360 capable? The direct feeds of what I've seen so far I don't think the 360 can do.

Fairly positive they have only been showing x1 only, similar to how they only showed the x1 version of titanfall. I don't expect to see 360 footage until just before release.

Can you highlight the parts you thought were 360 capable? The direct feeds of what I've seen so far I don't think the 360 can do.

The IGN footage was really compressed I must admit.
I played the 2013 Need for Speed game at a friend on his 360, and I told him afterwards that I was amazed at the graphics. He then replied that we should have played Horizon as that was even better. But looking up Horizon 1 gameplay, I can clearly see the improvement in the second one, even factoring in the compression.

Btw how would you compare Horizon 2 with the XB1 version of NFS?

Btw how would you compare Horizon 2 with the XB1 version of NFS?

I think rivals is great. Hard to make a real opinion of graphics without seeing fh2. But what stands out for fh2 are the angles of the camera for me - it goes everywhere and the geometry can be extremely complex in some of the world. Rivals feels a lot more locked in. The environment looks great but it's similar to forza 5/DC.

I think the aliasing is a little better on fh2, but it has it's weird moments like in forza 5. Rain is not comparable between the two. I think geometry of the cars is close though I think fh2 is higher or at least has more going on overall.

Draw distance I think fh2 is further. I think lighting is also done better on fh2.

Once again hard to tell though there is so much blur happening on rivals. Rivals looks great but the blur really remove the ability to see how low res some textures are in that game - which you will spot only at a score screen.

Edit:
For reference I'm comparing NFS Rivals to this which isn't a direct feed of FH2, but as per the original question yea I don't see the 360 being able to pull that off period. Watch both videos, FH2 is actually quite nice.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_forza_horizon_2_gameplay-15454_en.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that FH2 has a lot more going on, especially scale wise. Looking back, I think rivals has a super contrasty image, maybe that's why it stood out in my memories.
Rivals would never look as good as it did on the 360 where it to have the big environments of FH1

This pics look better than initial reveal, maybe better color palette or better lighting:

alfaromeogiuliatz2_wm_carreveal_week2_forzahorizon2.jpg

bmwz4_wm_carreveal_week2_forzahorizon2.jpg

hennesseyvenom_wm_carreveal_week3_forzahorizon2.jpg

bugattiveyron_wm_carreveal_week3_forzahorizon2.jpg

List of the revealed cars:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_car_reveals

Heard there will be a demo at Gamescom.
From the footages i have seen it seems to have a scoring system very similar to what we have seen in Driveclub. Or is it the other way around?
Having not played FH1, what purpose does the open world serve? Is it like NFS MW where u find events n cars all over the map? Does it have cops too?

Heard there will be a demo at Gamescom.
From the footages i have seen it seems to have a scoring system very similar to what we have seen in Driveclub. Or is it the other way around?
Having not played FH1, what purpose does the open world serve? Is it like NFS MW where u find events n cars all over the map? Does it have cops too?

Other way around. On the team are a lot of folks from Project Gotham racing.
hmm, why open world lol, it's a different game, you find cars and events all over the map. Different type of racing I guess. Think more fast and furious and less hardcore track racing.

They did a longer gameplay demo on Twitch today, showing off a bunch more locations, game modes, weather conditions, etc, plus the seamless multiplayer integration.

Way higher quality of that twitch stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e1Q02SZkVCM#t=614

I guess having seen it now. It just needs to lose a layer of unrealistic sheen/shinyness to look really close to DC. At least, at this point in time that appears to be an obvious difference between the two.
Unless of course they are under license to do that.

I've noticed that the yellow lambo seems to be lighted differently than the rest of the cars. Like shadows doesn't apply to the yellow lambo in the same way it affects other cars and this is most obvious to me during the night scene. I could be wrong, someone check it out!

i thing technically DC is way above, but in ways that do not shine immediatly, like volumetric clouds, a thing you can't really see while playing/driving around, SSR: you can see reflection of other cars in players's car, even side mirrors of the car are reflecting in the car"s body, and other things like that.

On the other hand, from a content point of view, FH2 looks a lot more complete, and still it looks good enough, especially the cars.

i thing technically DC is way above, but in ways that do not shine immediatly, like volumetric clouds, a thing you can't really see while playing/driving around, SSR: you can see reflection of other cars in players's car, even side mirrors of the car are reflecting in the car"s body, and other things like that.

On the other hand, from a content point of view, FH2 looks a lot more complete, and still it looks good enough, especially the cars.

Those items are present though in FH2. There just seems to be a hard disconnect from the player character and everything else. It's almost like they stylized player characters/cars.

Fairly large difference between E3 and Gamescom builds.

One thing to note, the sun wash, june mist has been significantly reduced.

I think the gameplay looks kind of turds. Do they have more structured races with frequent waypoints? Even GTA5 style races? To me, the fun in racing games is negotiating difficult turns, and a planned course lends itself to that. The off road driving doesn't look like a lot of fun.

I love how they are driving super cars across dirt fields and through vegetation. Most of those cars could not handle a typical paved street at high speeds. :)

Back