Forza 5 [XO] *large pics inside*

I'm more concerned about reports that the handling model is less realistic?

Apparently cars are even more tail-happy than they were in FM4?
Which is disappointing as cars in FM4 are definitely way too easy to induce into oversteer (I know firsthand as my real life car, drifts everywhere in-game where it does not in reality)

From the Eurogamer review:
The heroics find their way into the handling, which introduces an added dynamism to Forza's model of old. Turn 10's appetite for pliable, easygoing oversteer is even more overstated here, the cars snapping out of step at the slightest provocation before happily being guided back with a quick and polite nudge. As a simulation of vehicle dynamics it might not be wholly convincing, and a car's individual characteristics tend to get lost in all the drama, but it's certainly exciting - the handling in Forza makes your effort at every corner feel like it's ready to be spliced into a Top Gear sizzle reel

We have to be cautious that they weren't playing in easy mode or with assists on. That's something reviews should be clear about.

I'm not a big racing fan, but yesterday my colleague handed me the controller and a I really had a surprisingly good time with the game. The rumbling triggers are pretty dope, not to mention actually usefeul.

I'm not a big racing fan, but yesterday my colleague handed me the controller and a I really had a surprisingly good time with the game. The rumbling triggers are pretty dope, not to mention actually usefeul.

Is it true that u can feel the steering wheel's texture, haptic style, on the triggers? Some said so. If yes, that would be awesome. GOW2 did something like that while sliding down and it felt so damn real.

In the Giant Bomb quick look, the game looked pretty decent in general. It makes a good first impression, I think. Those microtransactions though and not winning prize cars, and all those recommendations for using cars that are in one of the DLC packs, it's a bit much. I hope a certain other game that will be available to me first and that has similar stuff will be a little less in your face about it, but I'm worried.

Eurogamer review 7/10 : Good racer, fun to drive, but the career mode is annoying not least because of the dodgy AI that doesn't drive well.

What the review doesn't go into detail on but which this morning's Eurogamer article does is the 'free-to-play' style progression:

Eurogamer said:
In Forza Motorsport 5, the problem runs deeper - the economy that's the backbone of the series has been altered, and it's too easy to come to the conclusion the changes have been made to make way for microtransactions. Unlike in older Forza games, cars aren't offered as rewards for success: instead, the only option is to buy them in a grind that can be augmented by pumping in real-world money.

It's a problem exacerbated by Forza Motorsport 5's drip-feed of cars as part of a $50 season pass, a number of which are being reintroduced from earlier games. And even when you've bought them as DLC, in order to own them fully in the game they have to be purchased using in-game currency - or, of course, by pumping in a little extra money of your own.

I'm hoping this is not the start of a trend this new generation.

What the review doesn't go into detail on but which this morning's Eurogamer article does is the 'free-to-play' style progression:

I'm hoping this is not the start of a trend this new generation.

Please devs, remove this shit from paid games.F2P games can have as much of it as they want, but not in fully paid $60 games. Pease don't become a trend, pls don't :mad:. Such stuff should be in the reviews man. Ryse has them too, i hear gt6 will also offer some kind of microtransactions. Battlefield offers shortcuts, but atleast they didn't alter the game to make it happen.

It looks like they still use 3d spectators: the cameraman appears to be 3d, he even has selfshadows.
The sprites on the asphalt are nice as well: does anyone know the technique which is used for the sprites in forza? When the technique is not used, then the sprites will clip into the ground. It had a logical name but I have forgotten..
semvdyJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like they still use 3d spectators: the cameraman appears to be 3d, he even has shadows.
The sprites on the asphalt are nice as well: does anyone know the technique which is used for the sprites in forza? When the technique is not used, then the sprites will clip into the ground. It had a logical name but I have forgotten..
Soft particles.

Soft particles.

Thanks that was the term I was looking for. I believe MW3 on 360 had it as well. It seems simple, but the alternative to me causes a big degradation in image quality; then the particles/sprites clip into 'floor geometry'.

One cameraman doesn't a 3D crowd make.

That is true, but at least it proves that they have the technology to do so. I am sure that a next forza game will have crowds resembling the E3 videos.

Man that above screenshot is terrible, compared to the pre-release bullshots, people should really take them to task about this. Ive never understodd why people find it OK to be lied to in this way.
And just in case people think its me knocking the xbox
gran tourismo on sony is also guilty of this eg
GranTurismo4_PS2_Editeur_001.jpg

Im pretty sure it didnt look like this when youre actually playing on the playstation 2.
the crowd looks the same as the forza screenshot, though without the nazi salutes :)

Congratulations, turn10.

For 2,334 Tokens you can buy either a McLaren P1 or Ferrari Enzo. A Token pack costing £15.99 will cover either of those cars (you can buy packs of Tokens at the following prices: 100 is £0.79, 575 is £3.99, 1250 is £7.99, 2700 is £15.99, 8000 is £39.99 and 20,000 is £64.99), so with the 2700 Token pack that's one vehicle for £13.82. But there's much more expensive cars in Forza Motorsport 5, but the more Tokens you buy, the cheaper they are. If you bought the 20,000 pack (costing £64.99) the McLaren would cost just £7.58.

From the same pricing, a Veyron Super Sport will set you back £13.00, and the most expensive car in the game, the Lotus E21 will cost an incredible £32.50. The smaller the pack of Tokens, the more expensive they are, so the worst possible way of picking up the game's most expensive car would be to buy 100 of the 100 Token packs, bagging you the exclusive 10,000 Token Lotus E21 for a cool £79.

Was Forza 5 running on devkits during E3 or on the Jimmy Fallon show? I thought Forza 5 looked very clean and virtually free of aliasing, but the final build looks pretty rough IMO.

1920x-1

Was Forza 5 running on devkits during E3 or on the Jimmy Fallon show? I thought Forza 5 looked very clean and virtually free of aliasing, but the final build looks pretty rough IMO.

1920x-1

The screen shots are captured at a higher resolution than 1080p thats why they have less aliasing. I havent played Forza 5 yet so I dont know the extent of aliasing going on. I have played other games at 720p on my tv and I am not seeing alot of jaggies.

1920x-1

Soooo much aliasing. :( For me, personally, somewhat ruins an otherwise good looking game.

Regards,
SB

Back