First post in forum!-9700 +TV Wonder

ben6

Regular
Been playing around with a 9700+ TV Wonder (Pseudo AIW 9700 Pro system) . Have a slight problem. The MMC 7.8 doesn't work at all with the TV Wonder . I have to use MMC 7.1 in ME or the beta 7.6 in XP otherwise I can't use DVD player in MMC. I suppose I can use WinDVD XP , but as I was planning on doing a "AIW 9700" review it's annoying. The 9700 Pro is great! The TV Wonder, when not combined with a 9700 (i.e Geforce4 Ti4400) works as planned as well, but the combination causes a aticore.dll error when the 9700 + MMC 7.8+ TV Wonder are combined , if I use anything but TV

ben, Stephen Orr from ATi stated on Rage3d forums, that MMC 7.8 can not be used with TV Wonder. That's why beta 7.6 is out (and yet, they are now very silent about it. funny, really). Ok. I thought at first it is because now they are using PowerDVD engine, but it might be more than that.
but...
there *might* be a way to use 7.8 with TV Wonder. unfortenately, you'll have to wait until AIW 9700 comes out.
I presume you are familiar with Setup.idx trick.
I'll post more about the combo when (IF!) i recieve my review 9700 from ATI:)

Typical, ATI supports other video cards better then their own :(. This is ridicules, why would DVD break with the TV wonder? The TV wonder has nothing to do with DVD playback of a video card except maybe convert the digital signals to analog for playback on a TV if you are using the video out of the TV Wonder. Does the TV turner work on the TV-Wonder with MMC7.8?

Back