Finally!!! PC Drivers for the Xbox One controller are available. No need for adapters

I doubt they used wifi (direct) for the controller, wifi is not very robust compared to bluetooth ... they probably used some type of proprietary frequency hopping 2.4 GHz protocol.

Wish they'd just spend the 50 cents to make it able to do bluetooth out of the box as well though.

Two projects:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-yet-another-DualShock-4-driver -> a more stable version
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-Another-fork-another-thread -> a more user-friendly version with a GUI that let's you choose the lightbar color, configure gamepad profiles upon executable detection, etc.
Not official support for the DS4? I heard that Sony were thinking about selling the PS4 controller for the PC, too, which makes sense to me, seeing the huge amount of PS4s in the wild right now.

I doubt they used wifi (direct) for the controller, wifi is not very robust compared to bluetooth ... they probably used some type of proprietary frequency hopping 2.4 GHz protocol.

Wish they'd just spend the 50 cents to make it able to do bluetooth out of the box as well though.

They actually did use wifi. There's 2x wifi controllers in the Xbox One, one is dedicated to the controllers and is unusable for anything else (I'm assuming it doesn't use any of the standard 802.x communication standards), AFAIK, while the other handles network communications.

Regards,
SB

Not official support for the DS4? I heard that Sony were thinking about selling the PS4 controller for the PC, too, which makes sense to me, seeing the huge amount of PS4s in the wild right now.

Yes, the DS4 is officially supported in the PC, using both wired and bluetooth connections.

But the official drivers from Sony only support it as a generic gamepad in windows, where you have to manually map all buttons for each game (no X-Input for predefined settings). The touchpad isn't supported either.

With these new drivers, not only do you get X-Input but you also get to use the touchpad as a mouse.

Yes, the DS4 is officially supported in the PC, using both wired and bluetooth connections.

But the official drivers from Sony only support it as a generic gamepad in windows, where you have to manually map all buttons for each game (no X-Input for predefined settings). The touchpad isn't supported either.

With these new drivers, not only do you get X-Input but you also get to use the touchpad as a mouse.
Thanks for sharing. I have a DS3 like controller for PC gaming since a few years ago as I preferred it over buying an adapter for the Xbox 360 controller, but it doesn't use Sony's drivers at all. Generic Windows 8 works for me in this case.

I wonder why smart users have to fix what companies sometimes miss.

Since the Xbox One controllers -which are awesome btw- work on the PC from the get go I might not need my DS3 like gamepad anymore, but it was good while it lasted.

I've installed the Xbox One gamepad's drivers already, but haven't tested the gamepad yet.

I need help.
Here is Steam's 360controller.cfg:

Code:
bind "Z AXIS POS" "+attack2"
bind "Z AXIS NEG" "+attack"

bind "JOY1" "+jump"
bind "JOY2" "+reload"
bind "JOY3" "+use"
bind "JOY4" "impulse 100"

bind "JOY5" "+speed"
bind "JOY6" "phys_swap"

bind "JOY7" "impulse 50"