Finally, a B3D web browser icon. Nice.

Pete

Moderate Nuisance
Legend
Apparently someone got around to supplying it before I got around to figuring out how to create one. Makes B3D that much more distinguished sitting on my bookmarks toolbar.

Now, someone explain to me why the Beeb hasn't managed to put one up? :)

Really? B3D's frontpage is roughly a weekly visit for me, and Firefox just now stuck that icon up there.

Now maybe an icon of weebles* wobbling for the forums? :D

* Feel free to substitute weevils if weebles aren't available. Either way, I'm most interested in the representation of wobbling in such a tiny pic.

I might be wrong but I remember having seen it a few months ago for a few days (or even only 1) before it disappeared to come back now...

But maybe it was another site...
bah it's cool anyway.

Those things are really annoying. o_O It would be fine if there were none at all but no... They show up half the time and then disappear making me want to spend an hour getting things to look correct again.

And then an icon will decide to takeover other bookmarks. o_O

It shows up in my favorites list, and when I reach the website via my favorites.

But not if I type it in myself.

Pete said:
Apparently someone got around to supplying it before I got around to figuring out how to create one. Makes B3D that much more distinguished sitting on my bookmarks toolbar.
Partly guilty with the final touches done by Dave.

The steps were to take the
b3d.jpg
image, chop off the "Be" and "3D" to get it almost square and then shrink it in gimp to a 16x16 png, make the colours more saturated and add an alpha channel.

I then used "infranview" to save it as an icon. Unfortunately, infranview doesn't seem to read alpha channels correctly (!) and it's made the transparent parts white AND added a black pixel in the top right corner :(

I see it's just on the front page(s) at the moment. I guess Dave hasn't added the icon commands to the forum scripts yet.

Very nice, Simon. Yeah, Irfanview seems to have trouble with alpha. I let it slide because it's otherwise such a handy program.

Plus, y'know, it's free. ;)

Briareus, Firefox does the same thing to me with the favicon overrides. You can always start over by clearing your cache, but odds are yet another icon will run amok. I have Penny Arcade's bear grinning at me from two other sites. Maybe they use the same name? (If that's the case, the webmaster deserves some brig time. :p)

But, yes, with Firefox at least it takes an exact url to yield a favicon. I still can't get Yahoo Mail to show that zany Y! when I bookmark the secure login.

Back