Fighter Within [XO]

It seems like the typical game which lets you work out tensions without resorting to violence. Microsoft have said that the game requires about 5 feet of space. I dunno how many meters 5 feet are, but right now I don't have that space to play games using Kinect

It seems like the typical game which lets you work out tensions without resorting to violence. Microsoft have said that the game requires about 5 feet of space. I dunno how many meters 5 feet are, but right now I don't have that space to play games using Kinect

I hope I get this right...

12 inches = 1 foot
40 inches = 1 meter

5 feet = 60 inches
60 inches = 1.5 meters

I hope I get this right...

12 inches = 1 foot
40 inches = 1 meter

5 feet = 60 inches
60 inches = 1.5 meters
Many thanks BRiT, that sounds about right to me. This also means you actually don't need much distance to play. A few feet/meters is enough to play, although the 1.5 meters you mention is about the space I have between the foot of the bed and the study desktop of my room where the console is placed. A huge improvement over Kinect 1 anyways.

If I needed the space placing there a different bed where the distance between the headboard and the end of the bed was shorter would do, but my feet would be almost outside of the bed when sleeping. That's the only problem I got with space -or lack thereof-, if it wasn't for that my bedroom would be large enough.

The distance improvement is better, but I'm not sure I would say huge. In some Kinect 1 games it was working for me at 5-5.5 feet. I agree more space was always better. What is a huge improvement is the better field of view & the ability to track skeletons of up to 6 people.

Tommy McClain

Much will depend also on background separation. I have 1.6m from TV to couch. But previously, if you stood very closely to an object, Kinect would start having trouble detecting the human form, separating you from whatever you were standing next to. If I stand with my feet against the couch, it shouldn't be affected too much by that, or it will remain pointless.

I learnt completely nothing from that, basically. If the draw is that it is powered by Kinect, then what am I actually doing to achieve the on-screen animations?

Looking at the video, there's no obvious connection between the moves on screen and what the player can be expected to do. The interface must be gesture based, which suggests serious lag (you need to track several frames of movement to identify the gesture the player is creating, the complex gestures meaning more frames needing to be checked and greater lag).

Back