Leaked Harry Potter game in development

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
Anyone crazy and devote enough to go get it at launch day?

The game is being developed by Avalanche.

https://www.neowin.net/news/rumor-u...set-in-the-1800s-leaked-with-gameplay-footage

Set in the 19th Century (1800's) Wizarding World, this 3rd person open-world action RPG game centers around your character with unique abilities who has eared a late acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You are a newly arrived 5th year student to Hogwarts that demonstrates a latent gift for magic with a unique ability to track and identify remnants of a potent ancient power.

Upon arrival, strange events begin to materialize In the Forbidden Forrest and trouble begins to brew within the castle walls. Together with Professor Elezar Fig, you embark on a journey through both familiar and never before seen locations to bring to light the truth behind these mysterious occurrences.

On your quest you will craft potions, master new spells, and discover fantastical beasts. You will battle Dark Wizards, Goblins, and other supernatural enemies and uncover the truth about your destiny - the Fate of the Wizarding World lies in your hands.

FEATURES

• Journey to Hogwarts to become one of 8 different Wizard types
  • Experience Hogwarts, make new friends, uncover new secrets, and change the fate of the Wizarding world.
  • Experience a new magic system that creates countless possibilities to master magic.
  • Freely explore the Wizarding World for the first time.
  • Choose your house and friends at Hogwarts, and decide to pursue a path of good or evil.
  • Create your own witch or wizard, and experience a all new story separate from the books or films

MAybe the project was canned? the visuals looks dated
Is it common for a game with that amount of content at shippable quality to be canned? I'd imagine projects get dropped earlier, when what they have for show is much rougher.

I think that it looks very well for early look at the unreleased game, even slightly bit nextgen-ish [all that physics and particle stuff].

This looks like a game I didn't know I wanted but I now actually can't wait to play :D

I remember playing the very first few Harry Potter games on PC years ago and really enjoying them.

HiRbrgw.gif

A sales insider on ResetEra said that the game is specifically targeted towards next-gen consoles.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps...ion-post-e3-2018.49214/page-153#post-13363764

I guess it makes sense with those physics.

I don't know how anyone concludes that looks dated. It looks unfinished, and filmed poorly off a screen. But the lighting an physics certainly appear sophisticated. Obviously a game two years out that has not even been announced yet isn't going to come across as perfectly polished right now and no one was supposed to see this outside of an NDA's environment.

At first, I wasn't even slightly interested. Then I saw its physics. Sold!

It bodes well for the next generation if we're seeing physics like this already. Probably my biggest gripe with this generation is the fact that, although most games are rather pretty, the physics, AI, and even animations aren't much beyond the previous generation, if at all.

It bodes well for the next generation if we're seeing physics like this already.
Let's wait for the finished product. :)

I don't want a repeat of the first MGS4 realtime demo presentation. It was also running on the pre-release hardware [SLI gforce 6800 Ultras] that ended up being much stronger than the real thing [RSX]

edit - Also, Watch Dogs reveal failed to be fully recreated in final product and SW1313 got canceled. Bethesda did good by just announcing logos for their two nextgen games. That's the safest approach with handling nextgen game announcements before devkits are out.

Last edited:
Back