Favorite youtube video

Vimeo videos, so no hotlinking...

RED Scarlet-X 4k motion picture camera review, part 1:
http://vimeo.com/34284117

...Annnd part 2:
http://vimeo.com/34285867

Personal comment after seeing all that sexy hardware:
UUNNNFFF...! :LOL:

My former instructor/professor works at RED in Irvine, CA...he makes over $100/hr.:oops:

BTW Canon recently released this for cinema recording, direct competition with RED cameras.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anytime the government gets involved, things go bad..no matter how good the intentions. Just look at freddy/fannie and the US housing market. Good intentions..outcome not so good.
No, that's just not true. yes, SOPA/PIPA is horrifyingly bad. But government-sponsored healthcare in the US is the best healthcare available in the US (whether we're talking about the VA or about Medicare/Medicaid) in terms of cost/benefit. The claim that Fannie/Freddie had anything at all to do with the housing bubble is also provably false. Their marketshare dropped precipitously as the bubble expanded, with the lion's share of the new housing during the bubble being due to an uptake in privately-traded securities. They did some bad things, but they didn't cause the economic collapse.

So back in here in the real world, government policy is nuanced. Some government policy is good. Some government policy is bad. It pays to study a little bit and understand the real effects of government policy.

Stopped by cops? No shit sherlock.

That guy's a perfect example of what exactly is effing wrong with people these days. Jesus. He deserves to be slugged in the head with a baseball bat a couple times to knock some sense into him (if he survives) and have all his bleeding guns taken away from him permanently, because he's obviously not mature enough to own any.

No, not generally; only with douchebag idiots who walk around with high-power firearms in a threatening manner in public places.

Not getting the point of that vid at all, sorry... It's just a stationary camera with a microphone full of wind, and a tiny RC car which you can't even see much of the time because it's so far away. Maybe I'm missing something, I dunno.

If that's San Andreas, it's the boringest game ever made. :p

lol i think the fart noise is critically important.

when the hippos walking out of the pool, thats the rising action, its building up tension in the audience, and they know something exciting is about to happen.

it could have been anything, the seinfeld jingle would have worked fine in its place, but i think the video creator made a fine choice.

it adds emphasis to an already powerful scene. lol

It is not new, but it is awesome. Watch it again if you've seen it before.

Back