Favorite youtube video

You may have seen this on Kotaku earlier today (or, I dunno, on youtube even!), but it was too good to pass up the opportunity to post here as well.

...Guess he wants his meal super-sized. Put some meat on those bones!

Btw, same guy has other good stuff. You may want to check out his channel, if your workday's kinda slow or something. ;)

Only if you have watched the above video (or don't care about surprises):
How the shit did they manage to wreck the lambo on a friggin airplane runway...?

Bad ass helicopter in any case! Electric no less. Incredible, really. Takes some skill taking off and flying straight that fast.

In response to Grall's post (same disclaimer applies as above)
Is it my imagination, or does it look like they flipped it? The roof took a hit somehow, as it's pent in... WTF indeed, how do you even flip something as low and wide as that? Guessing they hit something in the "road" or a dip / bump in the surface?

And yeah, where was the pilot of that little helicopter during that drag race? I can't imagine flying like that (speed, proximity to ground, proximity to other vehicles) and being that far away.

It flipped well and good alright, for sure... I can only guess that the driver ended up on grass somehow (people in the youtube comments thread say the driver missed the braking line and overshot, but shit, you'd think you'd SEE the end of the runway coming towards you...), the car slided sideways and the tires dug into the ground (hence the wrecked wheel suspension), then...flip. The discussion also alledges a 16-year-old drove his dad's car, which may explain a thing or two. One probably should not put 500something horses in the hands of someone that young and inexperienced, as this wreck shows. ;)Hope dad's insurance covers it! Or perhaps, hope it DOESN'T! Haha.

I was wondering if maybe the helicopter pilot sat in the chase car perhaps. Or else has the skill of a madman to still be able to fly that tiny little thing straight and level (at speed!) from hundreds of meters away.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible the pilot was positioned at the midway point so as to cut the line of sight distance in half. He's an Align team pilot so he does have mad skills like all team pilots from all manufacturers. Often times they end their flight demonstrations by flying really high up into the sky until you can barely see it and then cut off the engine power and "autorotate" down using only the blades rotational inertia and variable pitch of the blades.

Not sure if we've had this one before. Over 80 pages, it's difficult to keep track of everything posted. ;)

Also, crazy video from NBC here (so not linkable): http://gawker.com/skydivers-capture-amazing-video-of-terrifying-mid-air-p-1458686257

11 people aboard two single-engine aircraft that collided in mid-air, one of which broke up in flames. Horrific tragedy ensues, of course? NOPE! Ten people bail out and survive, due to the fact they were all skydivers - including the pilot of the burning aircraft! The eleventh person, the pilot of the other aircraft, lands his plane successfully despite propeller and wing damage...! Amazing.

Back