Far Cry 5 [PS4, XO]

The hell is this crap, honestly feels like an indie game with no sense of budget, scale or art style. Everything can not look any more generic, so very disappointed.
not quite. Look at the glasses detail, the skin, everything, it looks good to me.

Wonder if this character is going to be as legendary as reverend Ray in Call of Juarez, what a great character that one was.

Which has nothing to do with how the actual game looks....
do you mean realtime? From my experience with FC4 -XB1 version- the engine managed both the cutscenes and the actual gameplay. I couldn't complete the game because FC4 wasn't my thing and it ran choppy in my eyes for some reasons -it's 30fps locked but maybe some kind of filter they used, I saw stutter everywhere- but the scenery looked okay. The setting of FC4 had so much potential but I think an engine a la Skyrim would do a better job in that regard.

couple more videos:

looks very nice, as usual with Far Cry games. The atmosphere is unexpected, actually, I thought there would be dinosaurs.

DAwGtBVW0AATogT.jpg

Is that one guy sitting on the left gonna be an ally to the player? Spoilers!

Also, what's Olgierd von Everec doing here? :p

do you mean realtime? From my experience with FC4 -XB1 version- the engine managed both the cutscenes and the actual gameplay.
Yes it is likely realtime and using the engine of the game but that still isn't relevant for the actual game. Yes the engine may be capable of that fidelity but no that level of detail won't be used in the actual game. It is very common in game for cutscenes rendered in-engine to have far higher level of detail that gameplay.

Just keeping things real....

not quite. Look at the glasses detail, the skin, everything, it looks good to me.

Wonder if this character is going to be as legendary as reverend Ray in Call of Juarez, what a great character that one was.
Er this is pure CGI mate lol. Real time cutscene looks much worse, like not even close.
Real time trailer
Xfr4Vdq.jpg

Mary May CGI trailer
FlertEK.jpg

Er this is pure CGI mate lol. Real time cutscene looks much worse, like not even close.
Real time trailer
Xfr4Vdq.jpg

Mary May CGI trailer
FlertEK.jpg
oops, darn! Wish many games could use Pantene hair and look fine in my AMD card and looked just like the CGI. I believed this was in-engine.

oops, darn! Wish many games could use Pantene hair and look fine in my AMD card and looked just like the CGI. I believed this was in-engine.
The volume of the CG hair alone gives it right away and how the soft lighting interacts with them. Shadows are also way too advanced, so are the geometric folds on her top. Basically it looked like real life to me :).

Maybe it's still in engine? No? I'm crazy?
I can't recall any of the latest FC games having CGI videos - everything was in engine.

I wonder how they are going to explain away the federal gov't in the form of the FBI not showing up and shutting down a coup of the local gov't in a matter of a few days.

You might be able to create a stand off holed up in some compound for some length of time but the moment some one is killed in the name of your coup, the US gov't will have no problem coming in with guns blazing.

This plot makes sense in some third world country with a weak central govt with no resources, but seems ridiculous to base this plot in a country with a strong central gov't whose armed forces can't be matched by some small time militia.

Last edited:
I think the setting is cool. Rednecks are funny and full of personality. It's, of course, realistically implausible. You can also make it political, and relate it to the general disdain of the poor white america and working class coming from the radical left and yada yada.
I prefer to see it as a parallel universe surreal type self-aware cheesy story. It's gonna be fun guys.

Back