Eyetoy and/or Move games for XMas !!!

Ok, holidays are here :D , and my nephew is about to come over and I think, since he absolutely loves the Move and PS Eye stuff, I need to buy some games for him to enjoy while he stays here !

Now, I know about the Move games as they are pretty recent, what I am ignorant about are the PS Eye games ! I saw a few at the indian store like:

Creature Feature
Trials of TopoQ
Mesmerize (2 of them, dunno whats the difference!)
etc.

Point is I can't guess which one is fun and which one ain't ! So, all you guys who have such games, I need help picking some ;) ! Kung Fu Live is a winner already. My only concern is that they might hurt themselves if they get too excited. Other than that game, I wanted some stuff which spreads some cheer while playing :) ! Makes the kids laugh n smile or something. Creature Feature seems like a good idea, but how is it while playing? What about Trials? and Mesmerize? Are there other better andfun games for Eyetoy?

Help me make this holiday a memorable one :D:D!

He'll probably like Creature Feature, which I think is one of the best PS Eye only games out there and is enjoyable also when playing co-op with however many people you can fit on screen ;). Looks good, controlls well. Mesmerize are basically nice tech demoes that work well with people who've never seen this before, but may bore a kid rather quickly. Trials of TopoQ is a rather weak version of Marble Madness basically, that is ok, but not much fun to play (doesn't controll all that well).

For kids, the Move titles are much better generally. I strongly recommend Beat Sketchers, Start the Party, LittleBigPlanet Prehistoric Moves (great co-op game), and EyePet. Most of the games where the kids see themselves are generally a big hit.

That is, depending on how old the kids are of course! And if they like singing, then SingStar is generally also a big hit - doesn't have to be the Move version, as (besides all versions now supporting 'Dance' as a downloadable add-on) just recording your 'performance' with the PS Eye generally is a big success. ;) Though you may want to check if you think there are games they like - I found a version for a Dutch local children's programme the other day which is a huge hit - my two year old already tries to sing along with some of these songs.

Oh ! He is 9 (will be 10in may)! :D I too think he'll love Creature Feature , but I wasn't sure if the game play holds up for long. I told him about Kung Fu Live and he was giggling all along listening to me and asking me if "anything" can work as a weapon, ? I said Yes ! He went, " Mmmm.. a spoon?" "Yes!" ""Mmm...my shoe!" "Yes!" " The broom ?" "Yes!" I could see him getting excited with every "Yes !" :D !

My niece loves Beat Sketcher(She is 11!), I don't think my Nephew will not, He likes to jump around and laugh!.I hadn't given a thought to LBP:pMoves yet, but the way you put it, it could be fun, since he has a X360 and has experience of playing KungFu Panda and Lego:Indiana Jones, I think he'll be fine with a controller.

Thanx for the info. And more Ideas please, more games ! Its the holidays !
EDIT: Singstar won't work. Kids just don't want to sing together :p !

How 'bout Flight Control ? Beat Sketcher should be a winner.

Tumble is more subdued but interesting nonetheless.

If you haven't tried, you should try Eye of Judgment also.

2mds2s1.jpg

if you have the space & know how to set this up , Kung Fu Live should be good for him

@OnQ: I have already decided on KungfuLive n Beat Sketchers :) ! Creature Feature is In too. Do you know of any obscure Eyetoy titles that are really fun?

@Arwin: Is prehistoric Moves playable alone too? Or is it playable only with 2 people?

EDIT: Ok ! Purchased KungFu Live, Beat Sketchers and Creature Feature ! Also bought PJShooter in the sale :) ! Wanted to get DeathSpank too but our store has only Thongs of Virtue and I wanted the first one :( !
Open for more suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sackboy's Prehistoric Move requires 2 players. I recommend getting it because boys like dinosaurs and it's really well done. A 9 year old should have no problem with the game.

Back