Errorsafe

Frank

Certified not a majority
Veteran
Is there some group somewhere that I can donate to that is going to sue (or doing anyting extremely unpleasant) to the makers of Errorsafe?

And does anyone know of a way to get rid of it that doesn't involve formatting?

Spybot Search and Destroy (get the latest signature updates before the scan) should be able to kill Errorsafe/Winfixer/[Insert alias here] with no side-effects. Remove everything, reboot, rescan.

Edit: Curiously, it seems another (or perhaps the same, by another name) scamware-monger is google-poisoning the net with 'removal instructions' that will just add different malware... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I encountered this thing yesterday... some really clever and obnoxious pop-ups. I can see how this might be a problem for less computer-savvy users.

I've seen adbanners and pop-unders advertising this thing... So it's scumware huh? Ugh, I should have known it from the start.

It always surprises me how unashamedly deceptive and vile some people can be, making programs like this that not only bombard the user with ads, but also actually charges them money. Feh, makes me wish there really was a god, and that he'd go all sodom and gomorrah on their asses. :-?

L233 said:
I encountered this thing yesterday... some really clever and obnoxious pop-ups. I can see how this might be a problem for less computer-savvy users.
Yes, tell me about it. I tell everyone to use Firefox, and then they come complaining after some time, that their computer is saying it's infected badly all the time. Serious users as they are, they of course follow the recommendations until they hit the "pay first" screen. And by that time, their computer is crawling with spyware and they have downloaded and installed some nasty ActiveX backdoors, etc. That even happens most of the time if I tell them multiple times up front not to do that. A random message on their computer carries more weight, it seems.

If it's not possible to sue the makers of that extremely annoying piece of false-advertizing malware to high heaven and win easily, the law is totally broken IMO.

Back