Epic Unveiling New Game @ VG Awards

Erm.. if the platform(s) hasn't been disclosed yet, why was this thread created in the "console games" and why are people assuming it'll come to a future console rather than PC?

Here's hoping for at least a multi-platform game with no exclusivity contracts...

With how prevalent piracy is on PC, I wouldn't be surprised to see Epic veering further away from PC development.

Erm.. if the platform(s) hasn't been disclosed yet, why was this thread created in the "console games" and why are people assuming it'll come to a future console rather than PC?

Oh quit whining. You can create a thread in the PC section if you want. There are plenty of examples of two threads for one game due to PC/Console split. It's not like Epic isn't going to make a console version of a PC game anyway.

If it turns out to be a mobile game, I can just move it.

The whole Blade-Runner city look mixed with an Epic style "kickass"-lead made for an interesting mix of a game world I'd like to see more of.

The kind of game that fits into this world is called Deus Ex. I really don't see how Epic could manage a game with the depth the setting would require.

Anything new announced these days has a pretty good chance of being multiplatform, as in PC and next gen console (Xbox3/PS4). It's very likely that the platforms will converge pretty closely and the PC exclusive market is a joke nowadays anyway.

Oh quit whining. You can create a thread in the PC section if you want. There are plenty of examples of two threads for one game due to PC/Console split. It's not like Epic isn't going to make a console version of a PC game anyway.

If it turns out to be a mobile game, I can just move it.

Hey I wasn't whinning!
I was just trying to DOUBLE CONFIRM if there were any hints about the platform...

The kind of game that fits into this world is called Deus Ex. I really don't see how Epic could manage a game with the depth the setting would require.

Deus Ex was another that intrigued me ... didn't like the yellow/gold tones on everything though ...

I agree that Epic may find it difficult adding depth and detail associated with a pseudo RPG ala Deus EX, but I wouldn't mind seeing them expand in that direction! :cool:

With the Samaritan demo, i sort of saw the potential for more of a futuristic detective crime thriller myself.

Even though that's not the type of game that Epic has had experience with in the past, i still would be willing to see what they could do with something very different and very divergent from what the majority of current-gen games are doing.

Even Deus Ex, as much as i loved that game, was more of a shooter/stealth game (not that there's anything wrong with that). Although there's lots of elements there that Epic could emulate in their hypothetical Samaritan game.

I'm thinking much more a better written LA Noire type game, with an open-cityscape and crimes to solve. That would be pretty... dare i say... EPIC:cool:

FORTNITE !

Trailer at GT. watching right now.
EDIT: Can't make out what it is. SOme kindof of fortress defense with resupplying during dy and defending during night. Maybe with some racing elelments too. Dunno !

Could be funny and fun, could be like generic tower defense. Plants vs Zombies has already trumped that genre by combining a comic touch with the Tower defense gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
FORTNITE !

Could be funny and fun, could be like generic tower defense. Plants vs Zombies has already trumped that genre by combining a comic touch with the Tower defense gameplay.

Interesting.

I'd guess an xbl/psn/tablet game.

Then again, games like Portal2 and NBA Jams proved a xbl/psn/tablet game could be boxed up for retail and pull significantly more than if it were digital only.

I have to say that as much as I think this Fortnite thing might be interesting, my hype was massively deflated after that announcement.

What is the main EPIC team working on? They can't JUST be working on this right? This must be an XBLA/PSN/iOS type game, otherwise it'll bomb faster than you can say "yahoo".

Cliffy B even looked really uncomfortable on stage when he announced it. Stammering and wincing as though he was ashamed of what they were about to show us.

AA games and new IP can easily take 3-4 years of development time, and only well after halfway through the project is there anything even remotely worth showing.

Gears 3 was completed only months ago. It will take at least another year, more likely two, before we can expect any new announcements IMHO.

Oh great another zombie game!

We've all been suffering from a shortage of those!

(Not.)

Wow, they literally showed a short teaser and people are already predicting it will bomb, with absolutely no understanding of what the game actually is. There are some monsters, and maybe the suggestion of a tower defense game. Could be first person, third person, RTS. Could be a shooter. Could be a hybrid shooter/tower game like Monday Night Combat. Could be a straight up top-down action game. The game could be a flight simulator, for all we know.

Yes, I am hopeful it won't be a zombies game. I am tired of those too. I also hope they make a game as original and good as Gears of War 1 (the next two don't hold a candle compared to it).

GeoW2 and 3 are okay games, but inspired, inspired the first.

From what I've seen it appears to be a game focused on building a building. Then defending that building both above ground and below ground (cellar/sewers?).

So you build a defensible building then you defend it basically. I heard someone compare it to minecraft (the building aspect) but I'm going to guess it's far far more limited than Minecraft. Although the build by day, defend by night aspect is somewhat similar.

I'm going to guess that during the day you'll be running around a city/town scavenging bits and bobs with which to fortify your building. Then by night fending off various types of creatures (zombies and shadow creatures are seen).

If this is the case, paint me very interested.

Regards,
SB

Back