Early (year old) Footage of Project Trico

I'm wondering if Team ICO realised that gamers got really attached to Aro in SOTC and thought it would be great to explore that idea in a game. I.e. a relationship with a pet/friend rather than a love interest.

Eitherway I fucking pumped for whatever they bring next!

My only negative comment is the texturing (not so much the modeling) on the boys face looked really plain. I mean as if it just had a standard shader material applied with no actual texture maps. That said, who know what the end product will look like.

Who knows, maybe "project TRICO" will be a graphically updated ICO, SOTC and a brand new IP, thus the trifactor. Woot!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362256

So they finally showed this video, it's over a year old, can't wait to see what it looks like now, from what I hear, it's amazing. Wanted to post about this for so long but was asked kindly by my source not to say anything because at the time, few people had been shown the trailer.

This is old footage, very old.

This is early test footage from well over a year ago that was shown internally. This is not a trailer that would be shown at E3. This is not an indication that the game will be shown at this year's E3, or even this year's TGS.

This is just that test footage. All it confirms is that the game exists (duh!), and that it features a boy and a birdrat colossus that aids him.

The Music is from MILLER'S CROSSING, a 1990's Coen Brothers movie. Just a placeholder.

Oh no, I have a bad feeling the bird mouse will die in the end :(

Hope to know more about the game soon.

Wow, even from the early footage the environment detail looked astounding, the lighting and shadowing are definitely top quality. So can't wait for what's to come at E3.:)

Oh no, I have a bad feeling the bird mouse will die in the end :(

Hope to know more about the game soon.

No main character dies at the end of either ICO or SoTC. Why do you think it will be the case here?

Also, this early footage looks amazing! I can't wait.

The animation of that giant "cat" looks simply incredible. Also the fur looks really good to me, it has an organic look. When I first saw the creature coming out of the tunnel it thought it was prerendered footage using game assets or just "plain" cgi, but in close up it looks realtime.

No main character dies at the end of either ICO or SoTC. Why do you think it will be the case here?

Ha ha, I can't help but imagine there is an even bigger cat, dog or snake in the game.

Also, this early footage looks amazing! I can't wait.

I think the concept is intriguing. I am attracted to the mouse already.

I am amazed and blown away. That momend when kid was holding tail of rat/bird over a cliff was so awesome.

Cant wait to see oficial trailer with up to date engine build. Lets hope for E3 reveal.

I think it's a lion/eagle, the creature does look a little like a kitten.
A gryphon being a fantastical creature, there's some with more a eagles head, and some with more a lion's head with eagle's beak. The ears usually aren't that of a lion, but bigger and more pointed.

About the footage, I love the animation of the baby gryphon. Looks very cat-like, and has some nice little touches like the little twitch of it's ear in one scene, just like cats sometimes do :) Can't say much about the environment, it looks barren, but that's the style of ICO and SOTC, so no complains.

I'm sure this will be another masterpiece. ICO and Shadof Of The Colossus are my absolute top 2 games of all times. They're magic. They should bring the creators more to public and give them the credit they deserve! They're up there with other geniuses like Miyamoto and Kojima.

For me its a cat/bird/rat, and a very young one. My mind will explode if that beast grows up during the game, and gains abbility to fly.

:runaway:
:love:

The trailer is making me think of ICO-like exploration interspersed with reverse-Shadow of the Colossus encounters wherein you indirectly protect the griffin from Wander-like hunters, and that's getting me excited.

Really, really nice.

I'm very suprised that such an old footage is looking that good.

I really hope that they are going to show a cinematic trailer at either E3 or TGS. I'm looking forward to seeing some progress and especially to see what kind of post processing they have in that engine.

Looks exceptional and i think that with only a couple of characters drawn at any given time, they could manage to make incredible graphics.

Back