E3: Who's going?

Carl B

Friends call me xbd
Legend
Simple enough question really. :)

I'll be there myself - staying in the Korea Town area - but was curious as to what other random individuals might be making the trip out to LA. I've turned it into a full vacation thankfully, and will be hitting Vegas up beforehand. Sony twisted the knife though by announcing their pre-conference for Monday, when I'll still be out of town.

Do you have documents proving industry affiliation? E3 is not open to the public. Although it seems that you can set up a blog, post one article, claim to be a game journalist, and get in. :)

Considering I can walk to the convention center in 10min from my apt., and I usually go anyways, I'll be poking around...

LOL, yeah Demo I know. :)

I'm in the 'industry' so to speak, though granted it's not my day job. But yeah I'll be there under a media pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
xbdestroya said:
LOL, yeah Demo I know. :)

I'm in the 'industry' so to speak, though granted it's not my day job. But yeah I'll be there under a media pass.

cool, will you be posting from there? :smile:

get some good info and be sure you spend time with all 3 consoles please so you can give your unbiased report. ;)

Tap In said:
cool, will you be posting from there? :smile:

get some good info and be sure you spend time with all 3 consoles please so you can give your unbiased report. ;)

Honestly I'm 'on assignment' so I'll be focused on PS3 for the most part. I will of course be writing up articles from the floor, and posting rather frequently as well I imagine. I'm actually going to try and set up a photo blog or something and provide the link in the forums I belong to, and just upload picture after picture as I take them. My cell phone's 2MP, so the pictures shouldn't be all that bad or blurred either. I'll have a real camera as well likely, but that'll be slower via the memory card-->laptop-->Internet process; probably only nightly or a couple of times per day.

But I'll take coverage 'requests' when I check in on the forums, and try to get shots of what people are interested in.

xbdestroya said:
Honestly I'm 'on assignment' so I'll be focused on PS3 for the most part.....
by the way, I really trust your opinion and your judgement

Please try to compare for us, how the graphics truly look between the next gen machines on HDTVs. :cool:

edit: although I realize you are affiliated with a PS site so whatever you can safely say without being in jeopardy. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tap In said:
by the way, I really trust your opinion and your judgement

Please try to compare for us, how the graphics truly look between the next gen machines on HDTVs. :cool:

Well, I'll see what I can - really I try not to make calls on visual quality beyond gradations of bad<--->great. You'll notice I stay out of a lot of the game threads! ;)

Games aren't usually what I cover actually, rather the business and technology aspects of the business, but I'll give an 'on the side' opinion when I post on the visuals.

PS - Archie if you have any 'fave' spots or anything, feel free to recommend them!

lol can I go with you as an apprentice? j/k but it'd be great to go to E3. Good luck on your trip.

I wish I could go, but my schedule never seems to allow me that week off. :cry:

archie4oz said:
Considering I can walk to the convention center in 10min from my apt...

You live in downtown LA? My condolences...

I actually skipped Siggraph last year because I couldn't face being in LA again.

Even worse, I live off of Skid Row... :) I actually like living in downtown as well (It's certainly more interesting than anywhere else in SoCal). Unfortunately (to some degree) it's also become the "hip" thing to do now, so there's been a big influx of suburbanites wanting to move here and "be cool". Sadly that also has lead to a real estate run that has driving property prices to ridiculous levels (my apt. is being converted to condo @$535/sqft) and rents up as well...

Totally off topic, but isn't it stupid how when prices go up in one area, they don't seem to go down elsewhere? In the UK when one area becomes fashionable and prices hike, they don't drop down again when a new area becomes fashionable. Prices just go up and up and up. And yet they don't count towards inflation. Apparently paying for somewhere to live doesn't count towards expenditure when measuring annual increases. I've a friend just moved to Berlin and the prices there, mostly rented, are less than half here.

um...back to our scheduled programming...

i might go if i can get out of work. i never made the frist day ever always 2nd day. normally under sony, apple, MTV advertsing team depending which one of my cousins gets anuff badges for a spare person.

You can fake your way to the convention floor for the exhibits but you need an invitation to go to the pre-show press conferences, don't you?

And the behind-closed-doors demos too?

Yeah those need invites and/or proactive clearance on the part of whatever media - because I think they're media only - and the respective company. For my part our team will have representation at the Sony conference, and I would have been part of that if my plans weren't such as they are - but that's the price payed for planning well in advance I guess!

Back