Dying Light 2

After playing LOU2 recently facial capture in this game feels really out of date. Vast draw distance but looks last gen.

Considering the Quality mode has the lowest power consumption, there ought to be even more available power. They should unlock lock that to permit 45-50fps VRR gaming on Series X.
They should just provide toggle to unlock in all modes, and also on XSS. Leave it for xbox to fix LFC if it falls below 40fps, as I don't think it currently handles that perfectly.

Still not got this working on my desktop, it's fine on the laptop though. So I've been having fun on the PS5 version instead.

That's one thing I really like about consoles. Stuff just works!

DF Weekly talks a little bit about Dyling Light 2 patch and VRR @ https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-horizon-forbidden-west-and-dying-light-2-vrr
There's also good news with Dying Light 2's performance upgrade for Xbox Series X owners with a variable refresh rate (VRR) display. This mode is curious. Essentially, VRR puts the GPU in control of when to refresh the screen rather than running at a standard 60Hz or 120Hz. Techland uses VRR plus 120Hz support to run Dying Light 2 in excess of the standard 60fps cap, seeing the game operate more typically at 80-100fps. This is a dramatic improvement to frame-time (60fps at 16.7ms per frame vs, say, 90fps at 11.1ms), producing a smoother game with lower lag. Yes, frame-rate is variable, but a typical VRR window of 80-100fps translates into a floating per-frame render time in the 10ms to 12.5ms range - the fluctuations are difficult for the average player to pick up, but the improved response and fluidity is effectively a constant.

I am really curious how games tend to get mostly downgraded rather than improved as the game approaches final release.
It is a very common trend

A lot of the changes from these vertical slice demos are not actual directly feature/quality downgrades but actually the practical reality of porting a demo to actual dynamic, proper real time systems. These early demos are often filled with hand placed animations, lighting hacks, smoke and mirrors created to rush out a vision of what they want to achieve, in hopes they'll figure out ways to create actual dynamic systems that can create the same results in real gameplay. Probably, they do manage to do it with many things, but by definition, we only notice the parts where they fail.

"Dying Light 2 has topped five million sales, and the series as a whole has pushed past the 25 million mark.

In a press release exclusive to GamesRadar+, Techland said that Dying Light 2 hit the five million mark on February 28, a little over three weeks after its release on February 3. In the following few weeks, the studio says that "numbers are significantly growing every month," suggesting that players are keen to dive into the sequel after the seven-year wait since the release of the original Dying Light in 2015."

https://www.gamesradar.com/dying-light-2-sales/

5 mil in three weeks

Back