Dying Light 2

That influencer privilege, I'd imagine. I watched a twitch streamer play a side mission as that was the only thing they were allowed to show, so without having watched the videos you posted I presume they are the same...?

Not sure if this is the same one, but here's another YTer, CohhCarnage, playing a side mission:

Not sure if this is the same one, but here's another YTer, CohhCarnage, playing a side mission:

I got to watch that one live. He basically got permission directly from the developer/publisher to show that side mission and that side mission only.

Game looks pretty good. Not sure I'll pick it up (open world game, bleh), but it does look pretty interesting. Maybe when it goes on a deep sale (say 75-90% discount) I'll buy it just to check it out, as it's unlikely I'd ever finish it.

Regards,
SB

Another game I want to pick up once I have raytracing capability with a fast GPU. At least it will be on a good sale on Steam by then!

I’m really looking forward to the technical comparisons between the modes, particularly RT and how they compare to PC.

Old console footage.

What is the timeline for this game? I love all the vegetation (way more than in the first game), but this would have to be at least 10-20 years after the first game for there to even be a chance for there to be trees that large on top of the buildings. More realistically we're probably looking at 50+ years after the first game.

First off, you'd need enough dirt to accumulate up there for a seed to even take root. Then you'd need even more dirt to accumulate to the point where it would sustain a tree of any size. Vines and stuff make sense. Trees? Not so much.

I know this is a game and games don't need to pay any attention at all to anything resembling reality, however, it bugs me to no end as I'm constantly looking at these trees and wonder how in the world did they take root up there and grow to that size in such a relatively short amount of time?

That said the game looks great and the gameplay looks fun. I just wish it wasn't an open world game.

Regards,
SB

What is the timeline for this game? I love all the vegetation (way more than in the first game), but this would have to be at least 10-20 years after the first game for there to even be a chance for there to be trees that large on top of the buildings. More realistically we're probably looking at 50+ years after the first game.

First off, you'd need enough dirt to accumulate up there for a seed to even take root. Then you'd need even more dirt to accumulate to the point where it would sustain a tree of any size. Vines and stuff make sense. Trees? Not so much.

I know this is a game and games don't need to pay any attention at all to anything resembling reality, however, it bugs me to no end as I'm constantly looking at these trees and wonder how in the world did they take root up there and grow to that size in such a relatively short amount of time?

That said the game looks great and the gameplay looks fun. I just wish it wasn't an open world game.

Regards,
SB
15 years after the 1st game IIRC.

any reviews go up ?

XBoxEra will have their (p)review up tomorrow. The reviewer has finished the game, so you know he'll have solid experience with what the game has to offer. I think there was 1 caveat around the multiplayer/co-op aspect not being available to anyone until it launches on Friday.

XBoxEra will have their (p)review up tomorrow. The reviewer has finished the game, so you know he'll have solid experience with what the game has to offer. I think there was 1 caveat around the multiplayer/co-op aspect not being available to anyone until it launches on Friday.

I hear that they hid the fact that it was using Denuvo until today. Now i'm more likely not buying it.

Is anyone going to be purchasing to buy co-op ?

Ah yes, tomorrow is the PREVIEW embargo, the REVIEW embargo is actually Friday - launch day.

what version are you getting. It seems like deluxe comes with the first dlc and the ultimate comes with both ?
Not sure yet. I will probably wait a week after launch for bugs/patches, and check some 3rd party sellers like Fanatical for sales and go from there. Definitely PC, though.

XboxEra Review @ https://xboxera.com/2022/02/02/review-dying-light-2-stay-human/

Review | Dying Light 2 Stay Human
Parkour the Planet!!!

Developer Techland first tried their hand in the open-world zombie melee genre with Dead Island back in 2011. Four years later they followed it up with a far more polished and mature take with Dying Light. After seven long years, they have finally released its sequel. I think the best way to describe it is “better”. Set 20 in-game years after the original, it improves in every single area possible over their previous efforts. The movement and combat have never felt better. The writing, voice acting, and story are a bit more hit or miss but even there things are much improved over the original. This is a game full of choices that (seem to?) matter, so let us find out if you should choose to give this one a shot.

So reviews are out today? Excellent. It's look promising from first blush checking of scores. Need to see if they've rebalanced that irritating weapon degradation and over-reliance on specials though. But I think I could lose myself this weekend here.

Back