Drinking on the job?

OMG!!! The drunk with the mud on his face is just too classic!!!

Thanks, I needed that and actually did laugh out loud at it. :)

Theres actually a 50 year old guy here (where I work, and I do IT work at a website) that smokes weed every other day. Goes into the bathroom and lights one up....he probably been doing it for so long that he doesn't really get "blazed" but really mellow. It kinda makes me feel bad for him...that he actually pulls that shit here...of all places.....better than getting drunk though.

If anyone was wondering, this should explain how the term "shitfaced" came about.

Great video BTW. I wish I understood what was being said. But I suppose the only thing of any real value in this is the look in that man's eyes as he is being dragged off camera.

This isn't funny, it's goddamn tragic. That man's a human wreck, ruined by alcohol. I can't laugh at something like that. IMO, anyone who sells drugs to an addict ought to be strung up and have the shit whipped out of them... (And have all their money taken away as well.)

Oh … please Guden. While his situation may be tragic, the situation the poor chap has stumbled into is roaringly humorous.

I think the whole point of humor is to laugh at the folly or tragicomedy of the human condition at times. Why walkaround with a glum face on all the time. Humor makes us forget about the troubles and rise above our situation, and hopefully we take on a more cheerful disposition despite our troubles.

I got a good laugh from that video many times during the day -- each time I thought about it. Hopefully my more cheerful disposition made others around me more cheerful as we plug away at life.

Once the poor chap sobers up, I’m sure if he looked in on our thread he would laugh right along with us. :smile:

Guden Oden said:
This isn't funny, it's goddamn tragic. That man's a human wreck, ruined by alcohol.

Sure, it looks like he has some issues. But come, that video is a blast. I guess I'm a bad person for laughing my ass off. :smile:

Blastman said:
I got a good laugh from that video many times during the day -- each time I thought about it.
Yeah, because we all know there's nothing more entertaining than the misfortunes of others... Schadenfreude rules!

One can only hope that you too will see the humor in the situation when you've been in a car crash and lost both your legs and your arms, and some teens laugh their asses off as they see you being wheeled past them.

Guden Oden said:
This isn't funny, it's goddamn tragic. That man's a human wreck, ruined by alcohol. I can't laugh at something like that. IMO, anyone who sells drugs to an addict ought to be strung up and have the shit whipped out of them... (And have all their money taken away as well.)

baloney, nature takes care of these folks. they choose, they either manage it or it destroys them just like anything else.

'stringing' people up for supporting OR doing what they choose (no victims) is just a fraudulent rationalization for those who enjoy abusing/destroying others who don't choose as stupidly as they would have them.

and it doesn't cost ME a goddamned thing. keep your artificial self righteousness to yourself.

Geeforcer said:
The guy may be drunk but the byline is bougs (Snopes'ed)
A translation of what the men are actually saying belies the proffered explanation, however — although some of the men may certainly have been drinking, they aren't on the job, they aren't being asked about an accident, and nothing they say specifically identifies them as miners. The men shown in the clip have been engaged in a labor strike for several weeks, and the man in the dark cap is being questioned (by an off-screen interviewer) about why they've chosen to go out on strike:

Man: We were last paid on March 6th, and that was salary due to us from last November.

Interviewer: When did you last work?

Man: Last month, November, November 17.

Other man [offscreen]: Imagine waiting half a year for your salary.

Man: Yes.

Interviewer: Why did you decide to resort to such an extreme measure?

Man: Because they don't pay. They keep on telling lies.

Interviewer: Do you think this will help?

Man: I don't know

Other man: [offscreen]: I hope so.

Man: Yes, I hope so. We're counting on your help.
Thanks Geeforcer, that puts it in perspective.

Geeforcer said:
The guy may be drunk but the byline is bougs (Snopes'ed)

I know. I had no idea what was being said on the video clip. :cool:

I came across the clip, and just thought up a good byline to set the clip up in a humorous manner. Hopefully to get a good laugh. ;)

i'd love to get bombed at work once. just once....like if our whole floor got bombed one monring. wonder what that would reveal about us? interesting experiment.

Guden Oden said:
Yeah, because we all know there's nothing more entertaining than the misfortunes of others... Schadenfreude rules!

One can only hope that you too will see the humor in the situation when you've been in a car crash and lost both your legs and your arms, and some teens laugh their asses off as they see you being wheeled past them.
Randal Graves in clerks said:
Randal Graves: I hope it feels so good to be right. There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

Back