Dr Who (spoilers)

Radio Times (BBC TV listings mag) new covers from tomorrow. I'd certainly pay good money to see this on a football field. If you didn't see last week's episode, this is also the end of series finale where Rose dies:

radiotimes_13a.jpg

radiotimes_13b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does everyone say it's the series finale, when there is news the show will return next year? I mean even the BBC announcer said series finale. Is it because they will be replacing The Doctor's companion since Rose Tyler dies? Or because the past two "seasons" were called Doctor Who 2005, and the next one likely to be Doctor Who 2007?

In either case, definitely looking forward to the Doomsday episode.

BRiT said:
Why does everyone say it's the series finale, when there is news the show will return next year? I mean even the BBC announcer said series finale. Is it because they will be replacing The Doctor's companion since Rose Tyler dies? Or because the past two "seasons" were called Doctor Who 2005, and the next one likely to be Doctor Who 2007?

In either case, definitely looking forward to the Doomsday episode.
It's the "finale" of the "series". Hence "series finale". They start a new series next year. Maybe you are getting mixed up between a series and a serial?

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
It's the "finale" of the "series". Hence "series finale". They start a new series next year. Maybe you are getting mixed up between a series and a serial?

In the states we use "Season Finale" and "Series Finale". The former means there will be more of the show next year. The later means it's the end, no more shows ever.

Season in US = series in UK (and maybe everywhere else). So... is Rose coming back? That's my question.

The Baron said:
Season in US = series in UK (and maybe everywhere else). So... is Rose coming back? That's my question.

Well she narrated the beginning of the last episode as "this is how I died", so the question is how can she be narrating if she's dead? I wonder if she'll somehow get stuck in the voidship, so she'll be gone, but not dead.

There have been rumours that the BBC are planning a "multiple Doctors" episode in a couple of years that will include Piper, McGann, Ecclestone, Tennant, and whoever comes after Tennant.

I'm also quite interested in "Torchwood", which will be a post watershed, adult spin-off staring the character of Jack Harkness and the Torchwood foundation. Supposedly more sex, blood and swearing than you can have on primetime BBC1 Saturday evenings.

The Baron said:
Season in US = series in UK (and maybe everywhere else).
Aus is (or was the last time I checked) the same as UK.

So... is Rose coming back? That's my question.
On the "Dr Who Confidential" program (i.e. the making of etc) that often gets shown after the show, it was hinted that it might be possible.

Diplo said:
Seen it.

Cidermen loose on penalties :cry:
I feel sorry for the ref** - the brawl after the match was not pretty.

** "put him in the curry, too"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back