Doom [2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Quake 3 doesn't have demons... :p (Or singleplayer, for that matter, not that we've seen much of the latter. ;))

This has a feel of Quake 3, but in reality it is a very different. Even though I think Q3 is one of the best MP games ever made, I still like what Doom MP has to offer.

I've only heard a little of the announcer, but I assume it's a temp voice, because...pathetic. That's the only way I can describe it. Like, one of the guys in the office recorded it all on a coffee break or something.

I like that in the future aerospace corporations will run lava through a military base, but this looks dangerous. Insuring it must be hell. You would also need to pick up liquid nitrogen packs for your sealed jumpsuit every few minutes.

Okay, this is way more complex and unique than I've previously thought. I wonder if it really is possible to learn well enough to keep a good pace throughout the game, but the new id has certainly put a lot of thought and work into this.

Not gonna watch that playthrough; it's enough listening to you guys raving about it. ;)

Less than a month now until release date. I have my collector's edition on reserve already, by the way. Not that I really care about the space marine statue (or is it a hell baron? Can't recall!), but I figure it could be cool having it all the same. I would have gotten a pipboy edition Fallout box as well because that would be hella cooler than a stupid statue, but Fallout isn't really my game series. I never played through any of the previous games, or even got very far into them for that matter.

So Doom it is!

Original Doom did not rely on everything being "dark scene", ridiculous how dark this game is. Most enemies I ever saw at a single time was around 4 or 5 (hard to tell because they are very strategic with how they are placed in each room). The speed of gameplay is pretty good but everything feels super small which original Doom was not. Engine limitations? Looks like an Unreal game to me. Not as bad as I expected but certainly not "glorious".

That commentator . . . Bethesda promotes their game with someone who uses this Doom demo to insult their first girlfriend? Classy.

Original Doom did not rely on everything being "dark scene", ridiculous how dark this game is. Most enemies I ever saw at a single time was around 4 or 5 (hard to tell because they are very strategic with how they are placed in each room). The speed of gameplay is pretty good but everything feels super small which original Doom was not. Engine limitations? Looks like an Unreal game to me. Not as bad as I expected but certainly not "glorious".
I think you'll find that most of us are looking forward to it being dark, like Doom 3 somewhat. And I'm personally happy with that, as well as less Serious Sam, more Doom 3 as far as creature count.

I think you'll find that most of us are looking forward to it being dark, like Doom 3 somewhat. And I'm personally happy with that, as well as less Serious Sam, more Doom 3 as far as creature count.

Translation. Less Doom 1 and Doom 2 and more Doom 3. Bleh. The stink from this piece of feces grows stronger. Had hopes that maybe the single player could save this floating pile of poo, but it's still all circling the toilet ready to be flushed.

Regards,
SB

Translation. Less Doom 1 and Doom 2 and more Doom 3. Bleh. The stink from this piece of feces grows stronger. Had hopes that maybe the single player could save this floating pile of poo, but it's still all circling the toilet ready to be flushed.

Regards,
SB
Only as far as the lighting is concerned. It certainly seems to have more shooting gameplay reminiscent of Doom1/2 than Doom 3.

Yeah I'd say the look is more Doom 3 but the gameplay seems like a mix for original Doom and Doom 3. I'm personally.very happy with that. The graphics didn't blow me away though, I hope the PC version scales up a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back