DOOM movie

RussSchultz

Professional Malcontent
Veteran
I saw the trailer today.

Was anybody else repulsed with the thought of the FPS viewpoint for a movie?

RussSchultz said:
I saw the trailer today.

Proof they did not take the movie seriously; instead weak game adaptation that is going to be geeky.

You would hope one of the best selling game franchises ever could be done well... but then again it is DOOM. Space marines, hell, kill everything you see... not much story there ;)

Sounds predestined for the AVP class movie: Expensive B movie... fun if you don't take it seriously, worth a $3 rental, but not much more.

RussSchultz said:
I saw the trailer today.

The movie should be memorable, but with years of therapy you could probably lead a normal life.

TBH, I think from a gamers perspective it's kinda cool, but from a movie buff perspective it's lame.
it doesn't really ad anything to the movie its just like "hmm.. oh.. interersting...*
It's like they were like "hmm.. I bet all those doom nerds would love it if we used the FPS perspective*.
I bet that's exactly how it went down too.

It's inspired me to look for a decent use of a first-person perspective in a movie. I can't think of one off the top of my head. Will probably take some work.

I liked my friend's take on it. As we were waiting for Serenity to start, the doom movie trailer plays and at the end of it, my friend starts laughing embarrasingly loud in the middle of the movie theater. When he finishs up, he explains to no one in particular "What, you mean it's not supposed to be a comedy?!"

Nite_Hawk

Movie's coming out on DVD here fairly soon I think. I don't mind paying $3 to rent it, but who'll reimburse me for the 1.5 hours of my life wasted?

So has anyone actually even watched the movie? I was going to rent it at some point, but I refused to pay the horrible prices for the cinema..

Sxotty said:
So has anyone actually even watched the movie? I was going to rent it at some point, but I refused to pay the horrible prices for the cinema..
I have.
I'd rent it just to see it being a gamer...
Not the best movie obviously but it's still something to watch when you're bored.
And the rock's in it... come on.

Back