Does NV have SCO licenses??

I remember before NV3x introduction, they released a video showing of their Linux servers -- I was amazed. I should have this somewhere.

But yea, I'm interested if they do have SCO "license"

They probably don't give a shit, just like everyone else (Google, who probably has way more Linux boxes than that), and will buy a license only if SCO manages to win its suit against IBM (yeah, when pigs explode spontaneously).

The Baron said:
They probably don't give a shit, just like everyone else (Google, who probably has way more Linux boxes than that), and will buy a license only if SCO manages to win its suit against IBM (yeah, when pigs explode spontaneously).
I was under the impression that they used freebsd. Im probably wrong, but hmm... Ill have to check on that.

later,
epic

They specifically said "linux servers". Linux != FreeBSD. But sure they must have one set up for BSD drivers.

bloodbob said:
Nvidia have recently pointed out in an interview that they have more then 4000 cpus running linux so are they are target for SCO?

http://www.taos.com/news/newsletter_03.htm

SCO won't be in existence in 18 months time. That's the whole point of this exercise of theirs, to get themselves bought out for a stupidly large amount of money.

My gut feeling is that they'll end up getting themselves bought out for less than they were worth before they started all this nonsense, but maybe that's just wishful thinking ;)

I would also consider possibility (since MS is pumping money in SCO) that they don't want to touch NVIDIA because of Microsoft. But that's just a wild thought 8)

Back