Divx 5.0 released

pascal

Veteran
DivX 5.0 introduces a new generation of DivXâ„¢ video technology, optimized for "true content": full-sized, full-speed video content that people actually enjoy watching, not small, low bitrate video that hurts your eyes and makes you bang your head against your monitor in frustration. We want you to enjoy watching your DivX videos, and we work hard to satisfy that need for movie-lovers everywhere.

DivX 5.0 raises the bar for video technologies everywhere with a universal architecture, increased optimizations and encoding performance, significantly improved visual quality, MPEG-4 compatibility including a new MPEG-4 based DivX file format, a complete command line interface for advanced users, and a host of other improvements that will appear to novice and power users alike. This page contains more information about these new features, and a version history summary is also available.
See more:
http://www.divx.com/divx/divx_whatsnew.php

i have tried it but some (self encoded) movies showd some Artifacts (i have tried Pro and standard version), so i uninstalled it and went back to 4.12

BTW: divX 4.12 was able to play my DivX5 movie...

Back