Display for video editing

MatiasZ

Regular
Hi everybody! My 'family' company is currently starting to produce some videos for DVD. These DVD's are going to be sold widely and viewed by all kind of audiences, so they'll be using it in any of the regular home displays: computer screen, CRT TV, LCD, Plasma, etc.

We are working on some effects that need to be applied to the videos, such as chromas, color correction, etc, and I would like to know what type of display should I use and connected to what to preview the content so that is as reliable as possible, and from which type of media: AVI file, MPEG2 file, or even an authored preview DVD.

I would like to be sure that what I see here in the preview equipment is as close as possible to the final consumer.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Matias

...so they'll be using it in any of the regular home displays: computer screen, CRT TV, LCD, Plasma, etc.

I would like to be sure that what I see here in the preview equipment is as close as possible to the final consumer.

Then you have a big problem because each consumer will see with a different and sometimes much worst equipment (like CRT TV) .

OK, then would it be ok to try it in the following scenarios:

- Computer TFT 19", for checking both computer LCD and LCD TV
- CRT TV 21" Trinitron for any CRT device

Is there any substantial difference between a computer LCD and what they would see if played in, for example, 32" TFT TV?

OK, then would it be ok to try it in the following scenarios:

- Computer TFT 19", for checking both computer LCD and LCD TV
- CRT TV 21" Trinitron for any CRT device
This reminds me a few years ago an hilarious situation when an artist frustated by the quality of the image decided to change his 20" Trinitron for a value 17" LG monitor just to see the field results.

Is there any substantial difference between a computer LCD and what they would see if played in, for example, 32" TFT TV?
Could have some significant variation because of the image scalling (The TV image processor do that) and LCD panel quality.

This reminds me a few years ago an hilarious situation when an artist frustated by the quality of the image decided to change his 20" Trinitron for a value 17" LG monitor just to see the field results.
How is this like that? What should I learn from that situation?

Could have some significant variation because of the image scalling (The TV image processor do that) and LCD panel quality.

I see... so the best bet would be to get a TFT TV to see how it's seen on a tv?

Back