Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

Boom, still rocking a Zuni WD and got up to GR65.

Still missing some key gear though...waiting for my legendary knife and ring!

Finally got the Small Man's Finger ring...three Gargantuans instead of 1, each stronger as well. GR 70.

I also found all the pieces of the Helltooth set now, and finished GR70 with a HT build...I feel that it is even stronger than my Zuni build, not so squishy.

The only thing I want now to try is the Soul Harvester knife...maybe this helps me to go higher...other than that, I think re-rolling to get the ancient versions, or better stats.

I think re-rolling to get the ancient versions, or better stats.
Yeah you basically have to keep farming for mats to reroll all your stuff to Ancient, or via blood shards if you're lucky. Then enhance the ancient stuff from the cube recipe.

All classes!! Cool!

Which one is the strongest in your opinion? Which one was the easiest to get to GR60?

For me so far it is Witch Doctor. Necro is also strong.

Crusader was hard for me to make it work, demon hunter is good as well. Never tried the others...

All classes!! Cool!

Which one is the strongest in your opinion? Which one was the easiest to get to GR60?

For me so far it is Witch Doctor. Necro is also strong.

Crusader was hard for me to make it work, demon hunter is good as well. Never tried the others...

All of them are fairly easy to get to GR 60. It's the push to 70 that starts to show radical differences in class and gear sets. And even then 70 is easily doable for any class/gear set.

Crusader, for example, is one of the easiest. Especially if you build around the armor set (Invoker) that enhances bombardment. Of course, you still have to build around it, but once you do, you'll do almost no directly combat. Bombardment will be going off every 6-8 seconds automatically due to Belt of the Trove. Armor will be focused on enhancing thorns damage (which directly affects Bombardment damage) and survivability. Your play then focuses on grouping enemies and pumping up your thorns value via skills for burst damage.

It is possibly the most boneheadedly simple build to get to GR 70+.

Demon hunter has a build (can't remember the exactly build details off hand as it's been a year or so since I last ran it) that allows you to kill everything on the screen and off the screen each time you use one of your skills (can't remember name of skill).

Regards,
SB

I have 2 or 3 of every class. Highest I've ever soloed is about GR60 though. I'm on PC, so not sure how relevant anything I say is to this thread :)
oh man, wish I could play the game as much as you did on PC. Oddly enough I got the game day one, back in 2012, but didnt like it, plus my laptop wasnt up for the task, although it was enough to run the game. Spent lots of hours in the console version, and had lots of fun with the Demon Hunter -weak class defensively wise, but can be overkill when it comes to offense-. Now that I have 2 decent computers to run the game on, new games appeared, time is limited.. Anyways, it's cool to have tried all classes. That's something I did back in the Diablo 2 days, although my favourites were the Amazon, the Druid and the Necromancer --especially the Overlord build.

As there are again no games to play these days as all recent ones are corrupted by micro monetization, I jumped back to D3 in season 15.

This time trying out Barbarian class. I finished the start of season to get the set for the whirlwind build, but didn't like the play style so much. After getting all pieces of the Raekor set, I could finally build my R6 charge hammer of the ancient build and am currently rocking GR60 with it. Missing lot's of gear, so could go higher. It is crazy fun to charge around and sniping elites with this build!

If only I could understand what they base those rankings on.
dunno, tbh, maybe the coolness factor. But if your are looking for scientific data or an in-depth analysis like the Diablo 2 articles of old, you aren't in luck. I enjoy those rankings but I think the DH should be number 1.

Dh is a speed farming champ (master of the 3 minute rift clear with the multishot build), but not so great at the bleeding edge.

Crusader is probably the top choice for clearing highest rifts.

I always found the barb was the most fun with leapquake and ww builds but those builds aren't competitive at the highest level.

They did get the witch doctor right at last place, sadly it has been that way since launch.

Anybody played this on the Switch? I am so interested in double-dipping on the PC version I bought at launch.

I assume it's more like the other console versions.

Let me rephrase the question. Has anybody played this on Switch, a mobile console based on years-old tech. Does it make you want to throw your Switch at random strangers?

I think it was DF that made a video of the Diablo 3 version of Switch? Can't recall exactly. Technically wise the game seems to be flawless. The same can't be said about the Xbox One original version though. Sometimes it was easy to notice that the game ran below the targeted 60 fps, but the framerate remained stable most of the time.

Gotta redownload Diablo 3 on this laptop (I have it on my desktop), but being on a metered connection -80GB a month- sucks. In fact, I have 3GB left to use this month with 9 days to go, sigh....

I think it was DF that made a video of the Diablo 3 version of Switch?Can't recall exactly. Technically wise the game seems to be flawless.

Diablo 3 has only just come out on Switch, I've not seen a DF analysis on it. :nope:

Back