Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

My damage is too low. I have a full set of that Roland's gear for my crusader, and I have the denial shield with a good roll to increase the damage on my sweep attack. I need to rank up my legendary gems, but otherwise, I'm missing the flail that makes sweep attack generate wrath. If I had that, I could sweep attack non-stop and it would make a massive difference. My items are all fairly good, but some of them the rolls are not ideal. At this point, it's just getting better items with better rolls to progress.
Could you link your Crusader?

Diablo 2 was a much better game than this console version of Diablo 3. I'm at the point where I can get through a regular rift on Torment 6 very easily, but my damage is a bit low so I can't quite speed through it. I can do a 28 greater rift solo. Right now, the only way to advance is to get ancient drops to swap out my set. Most nights, I get nothing of value. I'll have to make an alt, grind that character and hopefully get drops for my main.

The first campaign playthrough was average to poor, because of the locked difficulty. Adventure mode offered a brief window of challenge and fun as I ramped up to torment 6. Overall, the design of the game is a failure. I got my money's worth, but compared to how much fun I had playing Diablo 2, at the time, Diablo 3 is a relatively weak experience.
I wrote several Diablo 2 guides back in the day, one about the Overlord build, the necromancer, a Magic Find guide etc etc.

I miss the personality and uniqueness of Diablo 2 monsters, like Pindleskin, or Frozenstein (translated Heladostein into my language, which is like saying Icecreamstein), :D :D my favourite monster name of the game, along with Rakanishu. Then the Countess, Mephisto runs, etc etc.

Even so, I like both games equally. In Diablo 2 I spent as much time playing than writing, and in Diablo 3 I am having lots of fun. Since you are at a respectable level, haven't you considered trying a new build that can bring the excitement back? Maybe the Crusader is a bit defensive for your playstylel Say a Wizard, Demon Hunter, Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Monk...

Diablo 3 has its fascinating features, perhaps you will end up disliking it more or it will grow in you. Anyways, just try to have fun.

There was another update recently. Any major change ? or addition of gear? I plan on giving it a few rounds in between The Witcher again.
I haven't heard of it til reading your post. Is this the patch you are talking about?

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/diablo.iii.update.to.disable.permanent.crowd.control/54345.htm

The Witcher 3 has me absorbed as well, but a few runs here and there in Diablo 3 wouldn't hurt.

Crowd control is like doing area blindness, stun, slow. You're helping your party manage the numbers of enemies that are threatening at any one time.

I'll probably level up another class, just to switch things up. I hope I'd get some drops for my crusader, but I kind of feel like I won't. My crusader mostly gets drops for its own class.

Crowd control is also an effective alternative form of defense. My Witch Doctor spams out exploding frogs than confuse enemies and charms them to attack each other, which keeps them off me and thus helps with survival.

They don't want to get rid of CC entirely, just perma-CC which the devs believe goes against the spirit of the game. Most people don't do perma-CC anyway and probably won't notice a difference. If you watch some of the videos of people doing world record setting grift clears in 4 man groups, you'll see how utterly dull it is as everything is frozen all the time.

Diablo 2 was a much better game than this console version of Diablo 3. I'm at the point where I can get through a regular rift on Torment 6 very easily, but my damage is a bit low so I can't quite speed through it. I can do a 28 greater rift solo. Right now, the only way to advance is to get ancient drops to swap out my set. Most nights, I get nothing of value. I'll have to make an alt, grind that character and hopefully get drops for my main.

I beat grift lvl 40 using in 2.1 with non ancient gear using wizard (the weakest class in 2.1). You should be facerolling grift lvl 28 with the 2.2 sets. You need to either: grind more for better gear; need more paragon; or L2P (no offense).

I beat grift lvl 40 using in 2.1 with non ancient gear using wizard (the weakest class in 2.1). You should be facerolling grift lvl 28 with the 2.2 sets. You need to either: grind more for better gear; need more paragon; or L2P (no offense).

My character's dps is pretty low. On the stat sheet I think my damage is around 600k.

I have no idea what facerolling means.

Basically, the game got really boring already. I can grind to get better items, with better stats, to beat higher level greater rifts, but that's not a particularly exciting option. I'll probably start a new character to freshen things up, if I continue playing.

I added up my play time on my characters yesterday and it's 680 hours total lol.

I finally got my Demon Hunter to lvl 70. Disappointed at how much of a glass cannon she is compared to my Wizard. Her damage output seems low and her defense seems limited. She has good mobility options, but I have to work a lot harder with her. She does have some pretty crappy gear that I am grinding to get better though.

My crusader is up next, I think she is at around level 61 currently. After I get her to 70, I may just use my Wizard to get the paragon levels up instead. I don't know if I want to put the time into the other classes right now, but would want to check out the Witch Doctor---it at least sounds interesting.

I added up my play time on my characters yesterday and it's 680 hours total lol.
I am at 200 hours, or a bit more, don't remember exactly, my XBL stats say.
I finally got my Demon Hunter to lvl 70. Disappointed at how much of a glass cannon she is compared to my Wizard. Her damage output seems low and her defense seems limited. She has good mobility options, but I have to work a lot harder with her. She does have some pretty crappy gear that I am grinding to get better though.

My crusader is up next, I think she is at around level 61 currently. After I get her to 70, I may just use my Wizard to get the paragon levels up instead. I don't know if I want to put the time into the other classes right now, but would want to check out the Witch Doctor---it at least sounds interesting.
I have another DH in the works but I wonder what have you planned for your build. If you like the Witch Doctor, I think you might also like to have pets for your DH, and it is a killer build (though I don't know the intrinsics of it, but the player who achieveled level 1000 first in the world uses that build, afaik)

The Witch Doctor reminds me of the Overlord, pretty fun. If you go all pets, Taskers gloves are your friends.

I don't have Tasker gloves but I am wearing 6pc zunimassa. Using acid cloud, double haunt and piranhas to keep up the 275% damage increase as well as the other damage bonuses currently results in each of my 23 fetishes doing 20-40m crits. I have a jeram but I can't give up the zunimassa helm otherwise I lose the 6pc. Currently trying to get a Zuni ring to try out jeram, but I really enjoy my tall finger ring.

I don't have Tasker gloves but I am wearing 6pc zunimassa. Using acid cloud, double haunt and piranhas to keep up the 275% damage increase as well as the other damage bonuses currently results in each of my 23 fetishes doing 20-40m crits. I have a jeram but I can't give up the zunimassa helm otherwise I lose the 6pc. Currently trying to get a Zuni ring to try out jeram, but I really enjoy my tall finger ring.
I don't know if it was you or @homerdog or @AlphaWolf who had the Taskers, and I just found a pair. They could be nice for a DH with pets and sentries, which I think are treated as pets? Right?

I guess I need to read up on making these builds. I just go in and swap equipment and skills out as I get them with no real thought to how they fit in. I mostly look to max damage output and either have good armor or health regen per hit/second. My DH isn't ready to do Rifts beyond Expert although my Wizard is doing fine at Torment 1 (might give Torment 2 a go).

I guess I need to read up on making these builds. I just go in and swap equipment and skills out as I get them with no real thought to how they fit in. I mostly look to max damage output and either have good armor or health regen per hit/second. My DH isn't ready to do Rifts beyond Expert although my Wizard is doing fine at Torment 1 (might give Torment 2 a go).
If you are level 70 already, I wouldn'-t bother with any difficulty level below Torment. Play some coop with people that might be leveled up already and your Paragon level will increase at a steady rate.

The player I mentioned before, a DH with pets that was the first ever player to legitimately reach Paragon level 1000, has his build on the internet, so you can have an idea, although your character will end up a bit different of course. I shared the link before, in the recent pages of this thread.

Work on building Nats set. Currently the most powerful DH build and it has very good cc ability using Rain of Vengeance Stampede and (relatively) decent toughness. Its the least squishy DH build. Dont use the ring and get cooldown on as many slots as possible since the vast majority of your DPS is from ROV. Use 2x handbows w/ 10% cooldown. Nats slayer handbow is mandatory. You only need to worry about the dps on your main hand, the other handbow is just a stat stick since ROV damage is calculated from your main hand wep. You also need focus and restraint rings (bastion set) to maximize damage. Even crappy FnR will out dps any other ring set. Highly recommend lvl 25+ gogok for legendary gem if you dont have enough CD.

Wizard has several good builds. I recommend going with DelRasha which is 3pc Delseres Magnum Opus and 5pc Tal Rasha set. Good balance of DPS and utility. This is a good build to use for groups. Required pieces are Tals ammy, Tals Source and Royal Ring of Grandeur. Your option pieces are meteor boots for dps or Slow time hat (crown of primus) for utility. Wep slot you can pick sunkeeper, craft an ancient devestator, serpent sparker or aether walker, which are preferred, but you can use any wep really. Ring slot can be unity, convention of elements or SOJ. Highest elemental damage on gear will turn your slow time bubble damage into that element. eg: Devastator has up to 20% (IIRC) fire damage so your bubble will be fire damage. Most players roll elemental damage on bracers. This is important to remember because of the elemental damage stacking of Tals 6p bonus. (175% per element up to 4 elements)

specwarGP2 Thanks. I'll need to check out all the lingo you mentioned above as it's kind of over my head right now. On vacation, but will try this out when I get back home.

I think next up is either Witch Doctor or Monk....any suggestions on which to start with?

Back