Detroit [PS4, PC]

I have no issues with Cage either, but he's just not that great a story teller. I can't help but keep wanting Sony to hire a proper TV show producer and have them make something interactive. But I'm hopeful we'll get there with the VR era.

Perhaps when JJ Abrams is fininshed with Star Wars (much to the chagrin of Dsoup:devilish:) and G. Del Torro is finished with "The Strain", Sony can get them on board to develop some of these interactive story-based games :)

Perhaps we'll finally get our Uncharted 2-based rom-com starring Nathan Drake as the protagonist heart-throb; where you as the player must guide him through a complex series of decisions to navigate the minefield of love, and ultimately chose between Elena or Chloe (dat ass) as your one true love :mrgreen:

There was an article on today's newspapers that Halo 5 grossed more in its first week than Spectre.

Yes, one of those silly sensationalist articles but still, I'm surprised that most film directors still haven't crossed over to the very healthy games industry.

Actually more surprised that TV Show peeps haven't crossed over - to me story driven games resemble a lot more the TV show medium than a film, mainly because of the length.

I'd be super happy if they did this. I love these interactive movie type games, as I feel they can be the natural evolution of the old PC point & click adventures. If more studios stepped up to make more of these games, but with big name hollywood movie andf TV talent, that would be ideal for me.

Unfortunately, juvenile cry-baby gamers and critics, who see the mere existence of these games as a threat to their precious hobby, would probably sabotage the whole endeavour with their constant poop flinging and unfairly negative word of mouth.

#thisiswhywecanthavenicethings! (well... this and Konami... thanks Konami.../s /rant)

Yes, one of those silly sensationalist articles but still, I'm surprised that most film directors still haven't crossed over to the very healthy games industry
It's probably a very different process. There are directors who avoid doing CG-heavy movies and some avoid CG movies entirely because the actual directing of digital avatars is worlds away from directing an actor.

some avoid CG movies entirely because the actual directing of digital avatars is worlds away from directing an actor.

Most CG characters are performance captured from real actors, sometimes even on the real set with the "live" actors, so at least the first part of the process should not be different.

Granted, there is a second stage with a CG character where the performance has to be fine tuned to work with the different look, and there it's a collaboration with animators and VFX supervisors. But still, it's not that much different.

I mean just look at any of the mocap BTS material on Last of Us. In fact its actually more like theater - even more hands-on than a movie (relatively long takes with very short pauses between them).

I had assumed the game meant the game rather than the performance capture for cutscenes, directing actors in performance capture is probably an easier transition.

Is LB talking capture or the game? Only he knows and he's too shy to say!

The BTS for The Last of Us was epic. I really felt for Troy Baker having to do 'that' scene over and over.

I had assumed the game meant the game rather than the performance capture for cutscenes, directing actors in performance capture is probably an easier transition.

Is LB talking capture or the game? Only he knows and he's too shy to say!

The BTS for The Last of Us was epic. I really felt for Troy Baker having to do 'that' scene over and over.
Yup that was so .......feels ! oh I need to play a level right now. Bye world !

Game looks phenomenon wow. The new interface looks pretty cool and facial animation seemed improved a lot from all their previous games. Can't wait to see more of Kara tho.

I hope they can fix the eyes. Androids with dead eyes ok, but they all have dead eyes in here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd be super happy if they did this. I love these interactive movie type games, as I feel they can be the natural evolution of the old PC point & click adventures. If more studios stepped up to make more of these games, but with big name hollywood movie andf TV talent, that would be ideal for me.

Unfortunately, juvenile cry-baby gamers and critics, who see the mere existence of these games as a threat to their precious hobby, would probably sabotage the whole endeavour with their constant poop flinging and unfairly negative word of mouth.

#thisiswhywecanthavenicethings! (well... this and Konami... thanks Konami.../s /rant)

What games are people crying about exactly? Beyond Two Souls was shit. It was so shit in fact it crossed over into so-bad-it's-good territory for me. It's one of the view examples of genuine modern gaming trash. Heavy Rain was surprisingly well received. Baffles me a bit considering how awful the writing was. Not to mention the galaxy class sized plot holes. Everyone seems to love Until Dawn too. I also think it is genuinely awesome and in my opinion more of a game than most of these AAA cut-scene viewers Sony in particular is so very fond of right now. Even most Telltale games score really well, and that's despite everyone having has long since picked up on the fact that they've been using the same tricks since The Walking Dead season one.

What games are people crying about exactly? Beyond Two Souls was shit. It was so shit in fact it crossed over into so-bad-it's-good territory for me. It's one of the view examples of genuine modern gaming trash. Heavy Rain was surprisingly well received. Baffles me a bit considering how awful the writing was. Not to mention the galaxy class sized plot holes. Everyone seems to love Until Dawn too. I also think it is genuinely awesome and in my opinion more of a game than most of these AAA cut-scene viewers Sony in particular is so very fond of right now. Even most Telltale games score really well, and that's despite everyone having has long since picked up on the fact that they've been using the same tricks since The Walking Dead season one.
I didn't think Beyond was shit at all. So maybe it's about personal taste?

Of course it is. Just saying there are perfectly valid reason for hating that game. Heck, every year millions jump onto the silly call of duty hate wagon too. Point is that these games are fairly well liked in general. As a matter of fact it's the games which are mostly focused on mechanics that are given a much harder time. You have to make something truly exceptional if you wanna get praised on behalf of your gameplay alone. On the other hand you'll get away with murder if you hit a bunch of "emotional" notes on the way. For example, I genuinely love The Witcher III. Totally into Blood and Wine right now. But dear god, in terms of moment to moment gameplay there's just very, very little to that thing. In terms of controls it's easily the least responsive game I own, and mechanically it's sort of a cross between a poor man's Arkham Knight and an equally poor man's Souls game.

Back