Destiny Sales *split*

325/60=5.4 million copies.

Except the average selling price should be higher, due to Limited and Ghost editions.

And I wonder how they handle PS4 Destiny bundle? Surely they dont include that in revenue, but if they did it would really skew things at $450 a pop. That isn't Activision revenue though, so surely not?

Overall it still seems to sell much like Watch Dogs, I think a little disappointing. Watch Dogs didn't seem near as hyped.

Eurogamer gave it a pretty decent review and an 8/10 score. The reviews aren't all bad in other words. ;)

He wrote that TLOU sold 1.5 millions at launch which was wrong (the game sold 1 million).

I agree with Shifty about the loaded statement... but he/she has been right for the most part. They had the Infamous Second Son sales numbers ahead of time, as well as PS4 worldwide sales pegged a day or two before Sony officially announced it. Sources can be mistaken sometimes... it happens.

Plus we might be looking at new PS4 sales worldwide...

What a week! Since Destiny launched one week ago, it has officially become the biggest PS4 game launch in North America ever. The game broke records for being the fastest purchased and most played PS4 game during its first week on sale. In fact, last week was our single biggest PS4 hardware sales week since Christmas 2013! That’s a lot of PS4s. Thanks, Guardians!

What a week! Since Destiny launched one week ago, it has officially become the biggest PS4 game launch in North America ever. The game broke records for being the fastest purchased and most played PS4 game during its first week on sale. In fact, last week was our single biggest PS4 hardware sales week since Christmas 2013! That’s a lot of PS4s.Thanks, Guardians!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting data found in the PAL charts NeoGaf thread, the sales of Destiny in UK:

- Destiny on PS4 sold ~28% more than the XB1 game the first week (46% vs 36%)
- Destiny on PS4 sold ~42% more than the XB1 game the second week (44% vs 31%)

Probably because the Destiny hardware bundle continued to sell well (72% of PS4 sales were the Destiny bundle). Plus the Xbox promotions ended AFAIK.

In fact, last week was our single biggest PS4 hardware sales week since Christmas 2013!

No brainer when you stop to think about it. It's the first big holiday game and biggest game of the year up to this point easily...plus the Destiny bundle...why wouldn't it be the biggest week since Christmas 13?

Although I guess PS4 could have had some kind of spurt coming out of supply constraint in there somewhere.

Looks like it wasn't $500 million first day

http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=871349

Still decent, but based on its bad word of mouth / low reviews, I don't think it will have a long sales tail

The 500 million USD was always "sold in" to the channel/partner numbers.

So we now know 500 million USD worth of Destiny packages were sold into the channel/to partners, but only 325 million sold through to consumers.

However, NPD, Charttrack, and other sales tracking services don't track copies sold in official (from the console maker) bundles. So it's unlikely that Activision would consider those "sold through."

Meaning out of the 125 million USD left, how many of those were sold to Sony/Microsoft for official Destiny console bundles?

Regards,
SB

Back