Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

What's the size of the preload? Preload starts today for psn, I think.

Around 19 GB, 2 parts, destiny 18gb update around 500MB

Remember, if it disappears from your download list but shows up on your XMB press the options button with destiny selected and check info. There it should be around 19 gb or still downloading.

Does anyone know what size the PS3 version is?

Also where did people buy the digital version that are downloading it now? I preordered physical copy off Amazon for PS4 and then heard about the free upgrade so I cancelled and preordered the digital PS3 version on Friday again on Amazon. No codes are available yet to start downloading....

Should I have purchased directly from PSN to get access to codes now?

Does anyone know what size the PS3 version is?

Also where did people buy the digital version that are downloading it now? I preordered physical copy off Amazon for PS4 and then heard about the free upgrade so I cancelled and preordered the digital PS3 version on Friday again on Amazon. No codes are available yet to start downloading....

Should I have purchased directly from PSN to get access to codes now?

ok, answered my own question in case anyone else needs to know you need to preorder off of PSN to start downloading now:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/05/destiny-preload-now-and-prepare-for-tuesday/

file size is 7.4GB for PS3

PSN pre-loads started last week.
Had no idea ! I thought it was supposed to start on the 7th.

Remember, if it disappears from your download list but shows up on your XMB press the options button with destiny selected and check info. There it should be around 19 gb or still downloading.

Will download tonight. But who the hell releases such a time consuming addictive game on a Tuesday :devilish: !!!! Most prbly won't be able to properly play till weekend !

There seem to be codes floating around for Grimoire cards. What are Grimoire cards? What purpose do the serve in the game?

When you do stuff in the game [visit new area, meet new enemy, kill certain number of enemies...] you unlock those "lore cards". There are hundreds of them.

edit - According to GAF, everyone who has retail disc of Destiny will be able to start playing as soon New Zeland PSN/XB preorder unlocks happen in less than 1 hour. EU digital copies will be unlocked on midnight BST and in US on midnight PST [3AM EDT].

I've got my copy from US PSN, so I will have to wait a while. No rush, maybe this will help PSN to stabilize.

Last edited by a moderator:
So let's see. I wake up at 4am on the 8th. Wait all day, go turn in my receipt at around 6pm, pick up some tech at Best Buy shortly after, then wait until midnight for Gamestop to re-open, then wait until 2am local (CST) for the servers to go live. It's going to be a long, long day/ night. Hey, first time I have actually been excited enough for a game to consider going to a midnight launch in years.

Live Action Trailer: I can only assume it was supposed to be horribly clichéd. If you accept that it is kinda funny. Otherwise, it's just terrible.

I think the only people online are those in further advanced timezones than the US and some journalists who get released to play regardless of timezone.

Here it shows as
Size: 21GB
Download Status x/18GB

Not a great sign. But it's true to a degree WoW classic took off at level 60 but I did enjoy every single level of WoW leading up to 60 too

I love WoW's end game content but I've also found the journey to it (getting to level 60, then 70, then 80, now 90, soon 100) really entertaining too. If Destiny is half as entertaining they'll be doing well.

Lol http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bungie-warns-destiny-day-one-reviews-might-not-tel/1100-6422161/

Not a great sign. But it's true to a degree WoW classic took off at level 60 but I did enjoy every single level of WoW leading up to 60 too

This piece is taking a small part of this post here and trying to make a big deal of it - much like people tried to do earlier this week when they found out that reviewers wouldn't be given a full week to play the game before anyone else. The "What’s the Score?" section is the one you want to read for the reviewer stuff, the next section talks about the level cap.

Ps4 white destiny delayed for a month in my country. Ugh.
Changed order to ps4 black + destiny and some games but the gameshop forgot to ship the ps4. They only shipped the game.

Maaaaan....

Ps4 white destiny delayed for a month in my country. Ugh.
Changed order to ps4 black + destiny and some games but the gameshop forgot to ship the ps4. They only shipped the game.

Maaaaan....

;(

Luckily this game isn't too dependant on other players to finish everything. And I'm sure when you do get it there will be tons of people to team up with and play with.

Back