Delayed April 1st rumour

The sad thing is, I wouldn't even be suprised if Microsoft would pull a stunt such as this. After all, they are devoted to this new industry and as we're moving into the second half of this generation, it's proving to be quite a challenge for Microsoft if they hope to stand a chance for first place in the next few years...

I dunno , mabye it should stay exclusive to ms . At least from the companys point . If ms offered me to just tweak a game for a smaller ram footprint and was going to give me a 100 million to only put it on that console .... i'd be like where do i sign up .

Their initial report was the typical Inquirer: ignoring facts. Good thing they updated it.

M$'s trying to make it an Xbox console exclusive. The game is still coming out on the PC. Knowing Activision they'll probably just say no and make uber-crappy ports to the other consoles for a quick buck (same thing they've done with DOOM and Quake ports to consoles).

DeathKnight said:
Their initial report was the typical Inquirer: ignoring facts. Good thing they updated it.

M$'s trying to make it an Xbox console exclusive. The game is still coming out on the PC. Knowing Activision they'll probably just say no and make uber-crappy ports to the other consoles for a quick buck (same thing they've done with DOOM and Quake ports to consoles).

Heh. Every console from SNES to N64 had a DOOM port, with N64 having an original (not to mention very good) DOOM game... :LOL:

Doesn't the Jaguar even have a port of DOOM?

MS would not spend $100 million for Doom 3. The spending in their Xbox division is comparable to the money Nintendo and Sony's game division use to run their operations, and $100 million is about the volume of money these companies use to fund all of their advertising expenses for a couple months.

Tagrineth said:
Heh. Every console from SNES to N64 had a DOOM port, with N64 having an original (not to mention very good) DOOM game... :LOL:

Did PSX have DOOM port? I never heard of it!! :oops:

Deepak said:
Tagrineth said:

Did PSX had DOOM port? I never heard of it!! :oops:
yea and so did the saturn . :mrgreen:

I think MS should try and get CONSOLE blockbusters instead of wasting time and money on PC blockbusters.....no one is going to buy X-B for D3 but million will buy X-B for GTA4 (just an example)..... 8)

Why do Doom III on PS2 when it can't really do dot3 bumpmapping well? And hasn't John Carmack already said that Doom III wonuld have to be signifcantly downgraded graphically to run on PS2?

Note: Edited "to run on PS3" to "to run on PS2".

bbot said:
Why do Doom III on PS2 when it can't really do dot3 bumpmapping well? And hasn't John Carmack already said that Doom III wonuld have to be signifcantly downgraded graphically to run on PS3?

LOL at this statement. ;)

Fredi

bbot said:
Why do Doom III on PS2 when it can't really do dot3 bumpmapping well? And hasn't John Carmack already said that Doom III wonuld have to be signifcantly downgraded graphically to run on PS3?

well if anyone can make the ps2 ... which i'm sure your talking about ... not hte ps3 like u said at the end.... if anyone can make a game that looks like doom3 on the ps2 it be john carmack. of course he'd be busy making the quake 4 engine at that point so who cares haha

jvd said:
bbot said:

well if anyone can make the ps2 ... which i'm sure your talking about ... not hte ps3 like u said at the end.... if anyone can make a game that looks like doom3 on the ps2 it be john carmack. of course he'd be busy making the quake 4 engine at that point so who cares haha

why would it be carmack...

sorry but i don't see him as being an ace in hardware efficiency... granted, his engine LOOKS pretty, but on what kind of video card can u run it decently???

if u ask me, if there is one man who can make it look good, that man would be Jason Rubin. just look at what he's doing with the J&D engine...

or the Konami people behind Silent Hill 3 or Zoe2...

u need people who know the PS2 hardware, not people who want the latest videocards with latest drivers installed to run the bloody game properly... :rolleyes:

Deepak said:
Did PSX have DOOM port? I never heard of it!! :oops:

Final DOOM. I have it.

They even added a third set of "Master Levels", which I have to admit are actually pretty hard!

jvd said:
bbot said:

Yes, I meant to type "PS2". PS3 isn't even out yet.

jvd said:
bbot said:

From what I've read, Ravensoft is doing Quake 4 for Xbox.

Quake 4 already? That doesn't make the least bit of sense to me considering Doom3 isn't even out yet. Unless that one is going to be a console only title maybe?

Sonic said:
Quake 4 already? That doesn't make the least bit of sense to me considering Doom3 isn't even out yet. Unless that one is going to be a console only title maybe?

well it will be a different game altogether, probably focused on Multiplayer whereas Doom3 is more of a single player kind of game, a bit like Quake 3 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein... but i could be wrong ;)

Back