Dead rising interview(final hardware 4-5x the power)

jvd

Banned
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200506/N05.0602.1732.24925.htm

GI: We’ve heard that some dev kits have been hard to come by lately. Is the game running on an alpha kit and how fluid has the development process gone so far?

Inafune: Everything you’ve seen here (at E3) is based only on the alpha kits. Everything that we’ve seen so far is indicating that the final kits will be about four to five times more powerful than what you’re seeing here today.

Other interesting stuff

So now, the graphical quality of the zombies is a lot less than what we want since we want to get as many zombies on-screen as we can. But I guarantee that in the end the game will have a lot better graphics with all of those on-screen zombies.
Thank god , none of that repeate zombie skin stuff we've seen in the trailer

GI: One scene of the game that you’ve heavily promoted had a man standing on a truck shooting down at a sea of zombies that have surrounded him. What sort of numbers for on-screen characters are you aiming for?

Inafune: You saw about 1000 zombies in that video clip, although there was some slow-down because of the alpha kits. But, for the final version of the game, we’re shooting for having 1000 zombies on-screen at any given time. On the alpha kits, we have a playable version where we were able to get 300 zombies on-screen with no slow-down. So if the alpha kits are going to be a third or a quarter of the power of the final dev kits, we should be able to clear that 1000 zombie goal rather easily.

hmm changes his tune about the power of the final hardware . But 300 zombies on alpha kits is crazy with no slow down and 1000 with only some is equaly crazy

i hope they dont get crazy if the final hardware build will only deliver 150% of the alpha hardware :devilish:

is this going to be the new hype for nextgen ?
how much objects you can show in one time?

hey69 said:
i hope they dont get crazy if the final hardware build will only deliver 150% of the alpha hardware :devilish:

is this going to be the new hype for nextgen ?
how much objects you can show in one time?

Saturn renders unlimited sprites, no competition. :LOL:

I dunno about that but think of how awsome it would be living out a scene from dawn of the dead (remake ) where your driving out of the mall and there are thousands of zombies .... compared to on a current system where there are mabye 10 or 20 at a time .

or in a world war 2 game where your storming the beach on d day and instead of a hand full of troops there are hundreds ?

jvd said:
I dunno about that but think of how awsome it would be living out a scene from dawn of the dead (remake ) where your driving out of the mall and there are thousands of zombies .... compared to on a current system where there are mabye 10 or 20 at a time .

or in a world war 2 game where your storming the beach on d day and instead of a hand full of troops there are hundreds ?

We're nearly at the point where we can have battles with the scale of a movie like Hero (Heavenly Sword comes close though). Should prove some fun. :)

sure it will change the atmosphere of the game.

hundreds of cars, hundreds of aliens,hundreds of people,hundreds of spaceships , hundreds of lesbian girl on girl actions, hundreds of trees and hundreds of zombies...
that would make a nice action game ;)

hey69 said:
sure it will change the atmosphere of the game.

hundreds of cars, hundreds of aliens,hundreds of people,hundreds of spaceships , hundreds of lesbian girl on girl actions, hundreds of trees and hundreds of zombies...
that would make a nice action game ;)

And now massive numbers will make up for crappy models, crappy architecture, crappy art,.. ;)

Final hardware is sounding rather impressive.

I think this game looks like fun, altought i'm not fan of the art for the main character.

I didn't like the main character much either. I'm just hoping they keep kind of a campy/light-hearted feel to the game. The trailer reminded me of Evil Dead or Shaun of the Dead. I'm just hoping it's intentional, and not an unintentionally-cheesy Resident Evil 1 type thing.

dead-rising-20050517062832191.jpg

in this shot the only real problem is the reuse of skins . Imagine if they were able to get it so you wouldn't see any repeating zombies ? that would be impressive and would add greatly to the game

I´m not liking what I´ve seen of this game. It´s strictly current gen graphics but with masses of zombies on screen. Hopefully Capcom will be able to do something interesting with the final development kit.

Although IMO the 30% thingy is just MS damage control, I do think things will get better.

Almasy said:
I´m not liking what I´ve seen of this game. It´s strictly current gen graphics but with masses of zombies on screen. Hopefully Capcom will be able to do something interesting with the final development kit.

Although IMO the 30% thingy is just MS damage control, I do think things will get better.

Graphically it's not that great but who cares? It looks like a ton of fun.

jonnyp said:
Almasy said:

Graphically it's not that great but who cares? It looks like a ton of fun.

Well, it is next gen, graphics usually get much better.

Almasy said:
Well, it is next gen, graphics usually get much better.

Or bigger. And in this case I think they have chosen more over better.

And now that I think about it, IF I was a game dev, I would probably go that route if I did not have access to a cutting edge engine/cutting edge programmers and the time make an engine.

Instead by having hundred, if not thousands, of enemies on screen I could focus more on unique gameplay elements and get a handle on the console. THEN I would work on a stelar glossy title.

But it is all taste. I think the launches for these systems will bum us out, but there will be a couple really nice looking titles and a lot of innocative titles that are hit or miss.

aye , this isn't going to be a graphical showing for the x360 (though the sheer amount of zombies will be impressive) but its going to fast action dive into mobs of bad guys game that i don't believe we've really ever had this amount of characters on screen at once ( 1k ) . I really hope this is multiplayer as my friends and i will go nuts jumping into the fray killing thousands of zombies at a time .

So now, the graphical quality of the zombies is a lot less than what we want since we want to get as many zombies on-screen as we can. But I guarantee that in the end the game will have a lot better graphics with all of those on-screen zombies.

how do you infer from that comment that there wont be repeat zombie skin ?

this game did look like an xbox state of emergency with a dedicated engine,i'm happy there's room for improvement.

crystalcube said:

how do you infer from that comment that there wont be repeat zombie skin ?

Back