Da Vinci's Last Supper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone provide a link to the most accurate digital image (i.e. at least a JPG of a photograph) of the original painting, preferably after its last restoration? Also preferably at least more than 1,000 pixels wide. Thanks.

Also, Leonardo Da Vinci painted this on the wall of some church (or monastery, I forget) in Italy. Which and where is this church/monastery? Thanks again.

I am making plans to visit Italy in June and would like to view and maybe do some studying of the painting.

[edit] PS. While making this post, I had attempted to search for the very thing I asked for in the first para of this post (and came across many images, all of which I just couldn't be sure if they were as accurate as I described above... hence this post... art lovers... help?) and came across a fiction novel using/based on The Last Supper (it's kinda DVC-like). Has anyone read this book? Any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
SugarCoat said:
/like superman, flys off to google!

http://www.artchive.com/artchive/l/leonardo/lastsupp.jpg

The original fresco is on a wall of the refectory (dining hall) in the Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan, Italy.
Thanks for both; the first I already found but just wasn't sure if it is after or before the last restoration (anyone knows for sure?). The info about where the painting is is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

"digitalwanderer", I will tell "Reverend" you tried to help (the link you provided was quite informative; unfortunately, the Shockwave image of the painting just didn't seem very good, although I have no clue as to whether it is accurate within the context I explained above). Thanks from both of us anyway.

Reverend said:
Thanks for both; the first I already found but just wasn't sure if it is after or before the last restoration (anyone knows for sure?). The info about where the painting is is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

"digitalwanderer", I will tell "Reverend" you tried to help (the link you provided was quite informative; unfortunately, the Shockwave image of the painting just didn't seem very good, although I have no clue as to whether it is accurate within the context I explained above). Thanks from both of us anyway.
Oops, wrong account?

Oh noes, Rev --GoD vetoed you again; he gotcher password. :smile:

But as to the original topic, that link of Digi's is awesome. Hadn't seen it in that kind of context before. The funny thing is, I can just see the original patron saying something like "Oh, I don't know. . .something that will make the room look bigger!" (which it clearly does, sort of like putting a mirror covering one wall).

Reverend said:

No prob. I learned that adding "hi res" trick in googling for images from some good friends who introduced me to the wonders of Ms. Scarlett Johansson.

BTW - I highly recomend you give up trying to do the dual accounts thing Rev. Some people are cut out for it, and some ain't....and you're not exactly cut out for it. ;)

Sorry to hear about your marriage btw, truly. :(

You guys have no idea how much fun we're both having at the same time. I'm sitting right beside "Reverend" at his office as I type this (BTW, did you guys know he looks early-30-ish when he's actually 41?).

But let's save this for another thread instead of going OT. Anyone? Regarding the thread?

Ghost of D3D said:
You guys have no idea how much fun we're both having at the same time. I'm sitting right beside "Reverend" at his office as I type this (BTW, did you guys know he looks early-30-ish when he's actually 41?).

But let's save this for another thread instead of going OT. Anyone? Regarding the thread?
But wait, I thought you said earlier you didn't know this "Reverend" person! :oops:

Let's clear this one up, then we'll move on....shall we? :cool:

digitalwanderer said:
But wait, I thought you said earlier you didn't know this "Reverend" person! :oops:
My bolds.

Let's clear this one up, then we'll move on....shall we? :cool:
I just did. Is clearing this up terribly important? If not, can anyone help me wrt the original topic of my post? Thanks again.

Day 1. "I don't know Reverend! I've been reaidng this place for years and don't know him!"

Day 2. "We work at the same office! In fact, we post on each other's accounts!"

This is getting sad.

The Baron said:
Day 1. "I don't know Reverend! I've been reaidng this place for years and don't know him!"

Day 2. "We work at the same office! In fact, we post on each other's accounts!"
Did I actually claim or said any of those?

This is getting sad.
Unfortunately it is, especially for a thread that I was looking so much forward to in terms of on-topic replies.

"Reverend" wasn't wrong when he told me only certain individuals here seem to want to pick up on what you , "geo" and "digitalwanderer" picked up. You said it in your last sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back