CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Mind blown by this game. It's going to be hard for anything to surpass this game in the coming years.

This might be one of the ultra rare open world games I actually finish. If I get the time to play it that is.

The game is definitely not without a ton of non-graphical flaws (general AI, magic police spawns etc) but it doesn't do a very good job of selling itself and the freedom it gives you. I think CDPR just assumes that RPG folks will work this out.

Take general problem solving and doors for example, there are many ways around locked doors including not using them at all. Yesterday I was doing a side mission which meant confronting a cop in her second story apartment. I could get inside the block but her front door had a security lock requiring tech level 6 and I only had level 5. So I go back outside and look up at the building. Aha.. balconies, go back in the building and I can break into the apartment underneath the cops, get onto the balcony and leap across to an adjacent zircon, which I can climb up then leap onto the cop's balcony and enter her apartment. I didn't even need to enter the cop's apartment, I chose to talk to her but I could have killed her remotely using any number of creative solutions. And, this was just a side mission - one you can easily miss if you're don't go to this part of town.

What I do wonder, is how freeform and divergent the story is when playing for the second or third time. I.e. when I finish and replay as a psycho corpo, will it be 99% the same with just different endings, like Witcher 3? Does it matter that I didn't kill the cop? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So i watched this video

He is talking about a bug in PS5 version where it constantly adjusting DRS downscale/upscale all the time. I have noticed the same issue on my PC yesterday. First i was thinking this is some kind of weird DOF bug, because even in the situation where i am perfectly still and nothing happens with rock solid 60 fps game goes blurry/sharp all the time. Anyone else have noticed this?

Talked too soon. The 6600k can't keep up in open areas at those settings, I need to find the proper balance between CPU and GPU.

I really like the lack of handholding. Never really understood the idea of guides and trying to get the 'ideal' ending in a RPG. Isn't whole point that people have their own journey?

Anyway, game is stunning. I didn't have to 'look' for a place to take a screenshot. Just a stunning experience throughout even with imgur compression!

lmaWa16.jpg

Talked too soon. The 6600k can't keep up in open areas at those settings, I need to find the proper balance between CPU and GPU.

Yeah the game in open area really ravaged my cpu too! Although thanks to the Hex edit posted a few pages back, now its mostly 60 fps. I say mostly as sometimes it's stuck at 45 fps, doesn't matter the open area have lots of cars / NPCs or not. Feels random.

I've tried locking at 30 fps and it was rock solid, but I can't shoot anything lol. Too laggy

I really like the lack of handholding. Never really understood the idea of guides and trying to get the 'ideal' ending in a RPG. Isn't whole point that people have their own journey?

Anyway, game is stunning. I didn't have to 'look' for a place to take a screenshot. Just a stunning experience throughout even with imgur compression!

lmaWa16.jpg

To me the game have too much handholding. Albeit it was done in a proper way (directly thru gameplay experience).

Unlike destiny 2 new light before beyond light that have zero hand holding. Unlike xenoblade chronicles 2 with its heavy handed hand holding and annoying overly long tutorial pop-ups

I've read that they haven't optimized for ryzen to the point that it doesn't even use smt.
Now that they have already made up for the development, they will increase performance e resolve bug for the next months. They have ample room for improvement.

Yeah the game in open area really ravaged my cpu too! Although thanks to the Hex edit posted a few pages back, now its mostly 60 fps. I say mostly as sometimes it's stuck at 45 fps, doesn't matter the open area have lots of cars / NPCs or not. Feels random.

I've tried locking at 30 fps and it was rock solid, but I can't shoot anything lol. Too laggy

To me the game have too much handholding. Albeit it was done in a proper way (directly thru gameplay experience).

Unlike destiny 2 new light before beyond light that have zero hand holding. Unlike xenoblade chronicles 2 with its heavy handed hand holding and annoying overly long tutorial pop-ups

That's the thing. I played Fallen Order on 30fps as was mostly fine as it is 3rd person but shooting 1st person on 30fps... lol.

I will try to find the settings to get 45fps stable, if not I'll put down the game for a while. I'm hoping the 8core rocket lake will be widely available day one and hopefully Intel will keep the price close the current i7 (370€)

edit: now I'm having this need on spending money on a 10700K. xD Must control myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the thing. I played Fallen Order on 30fps as was mostly fine as it is 3rd person but shooting 1st person on 30fps... lol.

I will try to find the settings to get 45fps stable, if not I'll put down the game for a while. I'm hoping the 8core rocket lake will be widely available day one and hopefully Intel will keep the price close the current i7 (370€)

edit: now I'm having this need on spending money on a 10700K. xD Must control myself.

I wonder if the auto aim can be tweaked to be more heavy handed?

Destiny series was completely playable in 30 fps comfortably due to its ridiculous amounts of auto aim haha

lmaWa16.jpg

The "choice" part is lacking in my opinion, many choices are fake and just lead to dialog. Mass Effect for example is light years away.

The game does look stunning at every detail level at every single location. And the atmosphere is so perfect The first time I went out of my apartment I was with Headphone late night and I felt myself inside a Blade Runner/Alter Carbon movie...

6w0EMn7.png

How large was the 1.0.4.0 patch on PC and Playstation? My series X is pulling down a 15.89 GB update and shows 1.0.4.0 on file version. The full game size is showing 59.1 GB. It's still going through the download process, which is running slower since I'm playing other games at the moment, so may be a while for it to finish. :D
On PC it was only 4.29GB iirc.

lmaWa16.jpg

Looks out of this world, got this photorealistic feel to it. Imagine these guys doing a non-open world game, in a fantasy setting.

Have been exploring on the 'out of nightcity' and its drop dead gorgeous. I see most sharing city screens and videos almost forgetting theres a vast outdoor land areas too. They really nailed rain/weather aswell.

Back