Cyan's *Must-Have* Skyrim Mod Recommendation Super-Gush Thread - daily updates

I'll probably re-buy Oblivion because of Nehrim.

Bought oblivion on pc this holiday love steam shame my laptop is shitty and the mod kinda kills my performance. Time to build a Desktop again when i can find a parttime job. Just lend oblivion on 360 from the friend that i sold it too.
And dam i hate 3rd person walk animations like they forgot to calculate the players rotation and that gives it a moonwalking in all direction look.:cry:

Oh Bethesda, such imagination in the background of the PC. :D

Almost have to wonder if they are doing it *again* because its become such a cliche of the Elder Scoll series.

Glad to see they've drastically overhauled the animation system - is Behaviour something like Euphoria? Or more an animation tool rather than an animation/behaviour AI.

The screen looks like its from a console (probably 360), 720p, some aliasing present:
Markarth01.jpg

Anyone want to determine the AA?

I hope the modding scene this time around isn't a clusterfuck. Morrowind/Oblivion/Fallout 3 ran Gamebroyo and had thousands of mods, but it was such a chore to create them or even install them, compare this to the super accessible and user friendly Unreal Engine 3 or Cry Engine 2.

:?: Most mods you simply download and extract to the data folder, and then enable them in the launcher.

Until you attempt to use two or more mods that change the same thing and you need to create merge plugins. Its not hard, just really time consuming.

Until you attempt to use two or more mods that change the same thing and you need to create merge plugins. Its not hard, just really time consuming.

Wouldn't that be an issue with any engine?

I don't have much experience with modding(Just some light Diablo 2 modding), so I wouldn't know.

Yes and no. When you edit an object in the editor it saves a new copy of the the entire object, not just the change you made to the object. So two different mods can edit the same object in different ways and they'll conflict when loaded even though it is reasonably trivial to combine the changes. The second loaded mod undoes the changes of the first loaded.

Problems combining scripts is a completely different thing entirely.

Yes and no. When you edit an object in the editor it saves a new copy of the the entire object, not just the change you made to the object. So two different mods can edit the same object in different ways and they'll conflict when loaded even though it is reasonably trivial to combine the changes. The second loaded mod undoes the changes of the first loaded.

Problems combining scripts is a completely different thing entirely.

That is what I figured.

Honestly, making mods just seems like such a fucking hassle. =\

The screen looks like its from a console (probably 360), 720p, some aliasing present:
Markarth01.jpg
I see types of aliasing even with 8X SSAA going in some games. Some lighting/shadowing effects in modern games are problematic. The shot they're showing definitely appears to me to have some decent amount of AA.

I see types of aliasing even with 8X SSAA going in some games. Some lighting/shadowing effects in modern games are problematic. The shot they're showing definitely appears to me to have some decent amount of AA.

Well Fallout 3 did run with 4xMSAA on the 360 - it would be something if they managed to keep that level of aliasing (or have variable AA quality depending on load).

I think the final judgment on this game will be the animation quality and the distant LOD. The close in stuff looks similar to Oblivion. Oh and also how atmospheric the soundtrack is. ;) They should give Jeremy Soule enough money for a few dozen hours of music. :D

Back