Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) [2020]

In China they managed expetionally well... This is the truth. In Italy our silly left wing government did a disaster since the beginning and now keeping with late decisions... Only real strategy here is supplement strategy

https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/108038-protecting-from-coronavirus/page-2#entry886827

Here the numbers of italian government failure.View attachment 3646
sorry, but it's very easy to blame the government because they are lefty when you prefer other choices. It's also the people to blame. People who didnt listen...there are many. I remember in my region (Galiza) whose extension is like 29.57Km2, the corona virus didnt appear early, but in other regions from Spain there were quite a few cases already. Some people thought it would never appear here, and of course they were wrong. Now there are 27 cases confirmed.

In 15 days, there will be quite a few more, 'cos the virus take a while to manifest -that's one of the dangers-....

Spain will be the next Italy sadly. The government here has been trying to hide the virus was growing beyond their control, for political purposes they've allowed a march for Women's Rights in Madrid last Sunday. On the other side of the aisle, the idiots of the far right party held a rally, also in Madrid, with more than 8.000 people, the rally was being streamed and everyone saw the secretary general of the party coughing, sneezing... Today it has been confirmed that he has the coronavirus.

Now hospital in Madrid are experiencing a surge in detected cases and there is a real worry there won't be enough IC units for everyone. F*** politicians, and the idiots that defend their political party like they were a football team.

Edit: Now there is a rumor circulating that two government ministers have corona virus like symptoms.
here: (to put some context in this 43 seconds video, the politician exposed to the people and shaking hands who is now ill from coronavirus is the tall guy in the grey jacket and beige trousers )

It's looking like E3 will be cancelled with possibly official announcement tomorrow, but plenty on Twitter saying to cancel your flights and hotels. While the virus may be contained by June, it's already chewing into the planning portion just like the Minecraft Festival.

yea that's pretty fair.

COVID is doing all sorts of damage across the landscape. Considering how international this forum is, I do fear that eventually one of our members here will catch it given a long enough period of time.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for that person.

Raises hand. Luckily I had it relatively mild. The worst part was the difficulty breathing and the discomfort that causes. At first I thought it was the flu, but it didn't feel like any flu I'd ever had.

I've self quarantined myself to avoid infecting others (although chances are I probably infected others before I started experiencing symptoms). Luckily I always keep about 2 months worth of non-perishable food goods. Although I'm itching to go out and get fresh ingredients to cook with. :p

Regards,
SB

here: (to put some context in this 43 seconds video, the politician exposed to the people and shaking hands who is now ill from coronavirus is the tall guy in the grey jacket and beige trousers )

Thats the leader of VOX right next to him I think, fair to say a lot of ppl will be happy with this news.
Im looking forward to getting it myself, it will give me an excuse not to work and just lie in bed watching films. I've never had the flu in my life so are curious as to what it feels like. I assume I will be one of the 1% my age that dont have major problems

Last edited:
Thats the leader of VOX right next to him I think, fair to say a lot of ppl will be happy with this news.
Im looking forward to getting it myself, it will give me an excuse not to work and just lie in bed watching films. I've never had the flu in my life so are curious as to what it feels like. I assume I will be one of the 1% my age that dont have major problems

You never had the flu?!?!?
What are you?

You know what a darwin award reads like?
If you want to, just read your post.

You know what a darwin award reads like?
If you want to, just read your post.
Nah its just called someone who can assess risk based on the available data, without letting emotions affecting their judgement.

You never had the flu?!?!?
What are you?
rasputin?, Nah I believe perhaps its because I grew up in a small town/countryside exposed to more bacteria as a kid (I never wore shoes until I was 13). Coupled with good genes.
Though perhaps I have had the flu, I just never noticed its effects.

Are you a healthy adult that is afraid of covid?
Looking at pictures of the doctor who died in China, the one that first tried to raise it as an issue, he looked pretty healthy and young to me. Didn't hear he had any underlying medical problems.

just because those with existing medical problems might be more at risk, it doesn't mean young and health has automatic immunity from Covid death.

Last edited:
ToTTenTranz is a conservative person, conservative people tend to be more afraid of things, even if that fear is unwarranted

https://www.businessinsider.com/psy...etween-conservatives-and-liberals-2018-2?IR=T
Being scared can make you more conservative.
Decades of research have shown that people get more conservative when they feel threatened and afraid.
Threats of terrorism make everyone less liberal — researchers found this was especially true in the months after 9/11. During that time, the US saw a conservative shift, and Americans displayed increased support for military spending and for President George W. Bush.
Americans aren't the only ones whose political leanings are influenced by fear. A 2003 review of research conducted in five countries looked at 22 separate tests of the hypothesis that fear fuels conservative viewpoints and found it was universally true.
Brain scans show that people who self-identify as conservative have larger and more active right amygdalas, an area of the brain that's associated with expressing and processing fear. This aligns with the idea that feeling afraid makes people lean more to the right.
One 2013 study showed conservative brains tend to have more activity in their right amygdalas when they're taking risks than liberals do.

tangey said:
Looking a pictures of the doctor who died in China, the one that first tried to raise it as an issue, he looked pretty healthy and young to me. Didn't hear he had any underlying medical problems.

Yes odd that, what are the chances, couple with other younger ppl we have been told have died from it in china, makes me question their true infection/death numbers (I'm guessing they are 10x higher at least)
What is an age breakdown of the people that died of it in Italy? I cant find this data

Last edited:

Every adult, child and elder should avoid getting the coronavirus. At least as long as they can.
For starters, you can be asymptomatic and contagious at the same time, meaning you could have it without knowing and then pass it to an elder, where the kill ratio is close to 15%.
Or you could pass it to children, who go to kindergardens where they all put the same toys in their mouths, and even if they don't suffer from the virus themselves they then pass it on to their parents, who get into contact with elders. Or in many cases they pass it on directly to their grandparents.

In my particular case, until 2 weeks ago I had a full-fledged Influenza A infection that my 6 month-old brought home, went into pneumonia, had to go on antibiotics. My pulmonar capacity is still affected.
Well it's probably not better for me now, since I just got rid of a nasty Influenza A this weekend, which left my lungs looking like crap (according to the doctors who saw my x-ray).
Besides, I'm not sure I want to be responsible for bringing the disease to my 5 year-old and my 6 month-old, both of which would then be carrying the thing to the other children/babies in daycare.

So yeah, I'm a healthy adult (healthy weight, regular exercise, no known cardiac diseases, excellent medical analysis results) who wants to avoid getting the covid-19.
Which is what every intelligent, self-aware and socially adept adult should do.

rasputin?, Nah I believe perhaps its because I grew up in a small town/countryside exposed to more bacteria as a kid (I never wore shoes until I was 13). Coupled with good genes.
Spoken like a true Darwin Award competitor.
I never got this disease so I don't know how I'll react, but it can't touch me 'cause I'm genetically superior! I'm Über Race Graawl!!

It's even funnier that you brag about not ever having been affected by the flu (Influenza) as a reason to assume the coronavirus won't do you any harm. Which is a completely different species of virus.

ToTTenTranz is a conservative person
Aw fuck..
You could have told me this earlier. I've been voting for social liberal parties my whole life! Damn..

For starters, you can be asymptomatic and contagious at the same time, meaning you could have it without knowing and then pass it to an elder, where the kill ratio is close to 15%.

And actively participate in the great purge of pentioners of 2020? God damn it, I'm off to lick door knobs right this moment!

Back