Console and PC comparisons *spawn*

vipa899

Regular
Wolfenstein isnt too shabby. Just about any game i can compare fares better on the 2012 pc then the base (fat) ps4.
No idea about Metro, but some think its even a difference of another engine on pc. Guess ps4 runs it at low or something. It stutters too.

Also 60fps isnt a thing with those games on consoles, you should settle for less if you want to have more then low/medium.

Wolfenstein isnt too shabby. Just about any game i can compare fares better on the 2012 pc then the base (fat) ps4.
No idea about Metro, but some think its even a difference of another engine on pc. Guess ps4 runs it at low or something. It stutters too.

Also 60fps isnt a thing with those games on consoles, you should settle for less if you want to have more then low/medium.
What is the point of this post? In a discussion about next-gen hardware, why are you linking a video comparing of a $1000+ PC to a £300 console? What has any of that got to do with predicting next-gen hardware?

What is the point of this post? In a discussion about next-gen hardware, why are you linking a video comparing of a $1000+ PC to a £300 console? What has any of that got to do with predicting next-gen hardware?

Someone noted that a 2013 ps4 is still decent for 1080p. Thought that applies to most hw as were in a time of diminishing returns. Huge jumps in hw increase arent as significant anymore.
That video was to illustrate on what kind of settings base hw is about (low/med 30fps with dips, which isnt out of range for a 670).

Someone noted that a 2013 ps4 is still decent for 1080p. Thought that applies to most hw as were in a time of diminishing returns. Huge jumps in hw increase arent as significant anymore.
That video was to illustrate on what kind of settings base hw is about (low/med 30fps with dips, which isnt out of range for a 670).
I can agree with that with one remark - 2gb vram can be too small to have the same quality texture as ps4 game version in modern demanding games. Btw we can end this offtop.

I can agree with that with one remark - 2gb vram can be too small to have the same quality texture as ps4 game version in modern demanding games. Btw we can end this offtop.

Not in tests, doom and wolfenstein have higher texture settings then base hw, with a 760 2gb. Dont know other games. But yes offtopic.

Not in tests, doom and wolfenstein have higher texture settings then base hw, with a 760 2gb. Dont know other games. But yes offtopic.
For Doom and Wolfenstein 2gb vram can be enough but not so much for more demand graphics games.

Back