CoD4: Beta thread

bump.

level cap will be raised around 8 and a half hours from now to level 16. you can be in a clan at level 12.

oh crap.

I finally weaned myself off of the CoD4 addiction (wasn't getting ANY work done this week) :(

Now my whole weekend is shot getting up to a 16 -should only take an hour r so ;)- and then trying out all the new gadgets with which to kill. :D

Btw.... no online MP game has had such great lighting AFAIK. it is really evident in Search and destroy where you have no respawns and you observe people in 3rd person ala GRAW when you die.

Still hooked on this game. Fortunately got a lot better with FPS controls on a controller since I started this beta. Most improvement to date.

Now that I know the maps, the game is starting to be come easier. I still refuse to rid of my beloved M4 though :D Got the red camo on it with Reflex sights, deeper penetration and more damage perks. Seems to do the job.

Finally got good enough to make helicopter calls so that was cool. Sucks you can't control the chopper though or can you?

So, finally got my token today. Played for 4 hours straight (that made me lvl 16)

Absolutely love the multi, not very realistic, but fast paced and hectic.

Choppers seem a bit overpowered thought.

Liked the leveling up system, kinda shame you cant have more than one attachment at a time for the weapons, seems like there is gonna be a shitload of levels aswell ("Prestige mode is unlocked at 55, who knows what the highest is??)

it's over. :cry:

final stats:

.82 win ratio

.92 kill ratio

17.56% accuracy.

only had red tiger on the MP5 but I liked to use every custom class equally.

Interview: http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/20..._call_of_duty_4_modern_warfare.html#more-4437

Q: Are the graphics the same throughout the platforms?
A: Yes. We focused on making the best first-person shooter on all the platforms.

Q: You don’t change the game for the PS 3 to make it look a lot better and take advantage of the horsepower?
A: The consoles each have their different strengths. For high-end graphics, they both really are targeting the same thing. We didn’t hold anyone back. We empowered each of the teams working on each platform to do the best work they could. There wasn’t any hand-cuffing.

Q: What should people notice about the graphics that is better than Call of Duty 2?
A: There is a lot of stuff we do that just feels right. People won’t know why. It’s smooth. Engaging. Intense. The guys are masters of this next-generation technology and procedures, with normal mapping. The tools out for next-gen are much better than when we started working on Call of Duty 2. There was a time when we almost outsourced some of the art because we couldn’t figure out how to do normal maps. I went out exploring options for normal maps and came back and the team had totally nailed it. We had it for Call of Duty 2. The characters for Call of Duty 4 look better but they are much less resource intensive. The characters models in Call of Duty 2 were 8,000 polygons. But in Call of Duty 4, they are 6,000. The normal maps give so much more detail and you don’t have to have it in the model. You can have a lot more going on on the screen. It’s 60 frames per second on both.

Q: So you can have a bigger environment?
A: You can have the characters much more detailed and have extremely detailed environments. The weapons can be extremely photorealistic. The AI is more robust. There is a lot more you can have going on at one time.

Lol, talk about a leading question!

"You don’t change the game for the PS 3 to make it look a lot better and take advantage of the horsepower?" :LOL:

I guess he forgot there's also a PC version of this game!

One can only laugh at such questions!

My question though would be if they will make the PC version prettier or just make it same as other versions and playable fast on older PC's.

Though I am still hopping that they atleast improve the mediocre effects in the PC version (not all are bad but..).

Back