CoD3 for PS3

for anyone that owns the ps3 version, is the framerate really that bad? i've heard from several ps3 owners that have said it isn't nearly as bad as reviews made it out to be.

for anyone that owns the ps3 version, is the framerate really that bad? i've heard from several ps3 owners that have said it isn't nearly as bad as reviews made it out to be.

I've never noticed it. That said, I've only just got to the bit in the town at the start (not played it that much).

Haven't really noticed a difference, though I don't play it so much. Preffered COD2 on the 360.

It's just not a very fun game ;)

I loved COD1 and COD2, but COD3 was just lacking. I only played the 360 version, which had some bugs. One time I fell through the world and had to reboot.

I played through the entire game and never noticed an issue with the frame-rate. If you've already played the WW2 genre to death, then you may not care for it, but it's an otherwise solid game. Resistance has better online play, though.

I played through the entire game and never noticed an issue with the frame-rate. If you've already played the WW2 genre to death, then you may not care for it, but it's an otherwise solid game. Resistance has better online play, though.

Agreed. It's absolutely awful!

Agreed. It's absolutely awful!

I love the online play (360 version) it's so frantic and battle-like with lots of strategy with the different classes.

One thing that may help me is that the 360 version supports voice communication and in games like Capture the Flag and WAR, that is invaluable to work with teammates for the best experience.

single player while absolutely gorgeous to look at had boring play IMO. It was plenty frantic but not as fun as CoD2 and the fact that you could not skip the painful!! cut scenes drove me nuts (even when replaying a level)

thanks guys.

i've played the first CoD and a bit of the second on my PC. i'm a pretty big FPS fan, so i decided to pick it up since i got it for a decent price ($40CDN shipped).

You do have Resistance already right?
of course ;) . its the only ps3 game i own (bought it on launch). i've played it quite a bit, but i'm starting to get a little bored with it (which isn't bad since i played it for several months), and my ps3 library is lacking. i'm also thinking of picking up motorstorm, but i was gonna wait to see what they include in the update.

It's just not a very fun game ;)

I loved COD1 and COD2, but COD3 was just lacking. I only played the 360 version, which had some bugs. One time I fell through the world and had to reboot.

I liked COD3 a lot, the singleplayer that is. Haven't tried multiplayer yet. But there were some horrendous bugs in the game as you say which nearly ruined it for me.

Back