Champions League Final

Diplo said:
Yep, he certainly did a good job of outdoing the Italians when it came to diving in the penalty box! :)

I'm glad someone else thought he dived, everyone else in this country seems to have glossed over the fact.

Gattuso pulled Gerrard back so it was a penalty IMO. Gerrard did go down easily but Gattuso had no right to have his hands on him.

In the shootout, Dudek's first saved penalty should have been retaken because he was about 4 yards off the line when it was saved!

Diplo said:
STOP BEEPING YER F'KIN HORNS OUTSIDE MY FLAT YOU ARE DRIVING ME MAD!!!!! o_O

LOL! Seen the front page of the metro? (Or any newspaper for that fact?) I've been waiting for this day for as long as I can remember, from watching videos as a 4 year old...

Mariner said:
In the shootout, Dudek's first saved penalty should have been retaken because he was about 4 yards off the line when it was saved!
True. The goalie may leave the line, but only after the player taking the penalty touched the ball. Dudek left the line before that.

Xmas said:
Mariner said:
True. The goalie may leave the line, but only after the player taking the penalty touched the ball. Dudek left the line before that.

honestly, never seen a goalkeeper not moving towards the penalty spot (even before the ball's kicked)...maybe not that much though.

Espn Classic reshowed it last night as an "instant classic", and I happened to be flipping thru early in the first half and watched it based on the description here.

Nice soccer game. [I've never actually said that before --my therapist would say I'd had a "breakthrough". :LOL: ]

If y'all would just do something about that offside rule you might have a decent sport there. <g,d,&r>

Back