Cayman launched in LA yesterday!

I thought he bought a Prius...

Don't let Chalnoth find out about it then! You know how he gets when he hears the words 'Prius'.

we'll never see the HD 69xx graphics card launches if Chalnoth won't give him back his nipple! ;)

Not sitting down in ANYTHING that doesn't have AC. No effin wai.

Its basically a track day toy. The only real advantage it has over most other track day toys is that you can actually drive it to the track. I had a friend who races in Formula Neon races simply because it was so much more convenient to hop into the car, swap tires at the track, race, swap back and drive home. He could certainly of afforded a faster car or a track car, a trailer and a truck, but it wasn't worth all the extra effort.

I could never get a track day car only either, need AC and a bloody radio with an mp3 input on it.

I just posted it for the Cayman/9xxx funny ha-ha, I'm not even that into Porsches. (I'm pretty sure I'm a BMW guy right now. :p )

How much can an ac compressor/heat exchanger weigh anyway? :p I suppose it falls into the "every extra kilo counts" category, but then again, aren't there other sacrifices that could be made as well that don't reduce creature comfort quite so much...? :p

How much can an ac compressor/heat exchanger weigh anyway? :p I suppose it falls into the "every extra kilo counts" category, but then again, aren't there other sacrifices that could be made as well that don't reduce creature comfort quite so much...? :p

Not really without adding significant cost. You can look at some of the ridiculous lengths they go to on the Porsche Turbo S, but you wind up with a car costing 3x as much (although its quite a bit faster as well).

For a car? A decent amount. It is a decent amount of extra hoses, connections, etc. Its basically an easy 25-30 lbs that you can get rid of plus it simplified a lot of other things.

Err, yeah, it's needed. Well, you CAN live without it of course - I grew up with cars all without AC and they got hot in the summers and cold in the winters (REALLY cold sometimes; no fun sitting down in car seats that are -25C or even less), and around 2000 or so my dad finally bought a Saab 900 with AC and DAMN what a difference. It got cool in the summers in a few seconds, and warm in the winter in a few seconds... Wow. :) Since then, all his subsequent vehicles have all had AC and I'm not surprised.

Err, yeah, it's needed. Well, you CAN live without it of course - I grew up with cars all without AC and they got hot in the summers and cold in the winters (REALLY cold sometimes; no fun sitting down in car seats that are -25C or even less), and around 2000 or so my dad finally bought a Saab 900 with AC and DAMN what a difference. It got cool in the summers in a few seconds, and warm in the winter in a few seconds... Wow. :) Since then, all his subsequent vehicles have all had AC and I'm not surprised.

now think of the people in spain, france, italy, and greece in the summer...

now think of the people in spain, france, italy, and greece in the summer...
Thanks, I've been to Greece many times during the height of summertime... It's reallyreally warm there, lol. I guess places like Algeria and stuff are way worse though. I've spent the vast majority of my vacation time at various islands, right on the edge of the mediterranean, where the climate's cooler than inland northern africa...

And back in my normal subarctic temperate climate zone I still would not want to be without AC. Even for a diehard unbeliever like me, it's a true godsend. :p

Back