Capcom announces DmC Devil May Cry, developed by Ninja Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
People still acting like little children about the new direction?

Could you please expand on this? What does "acting like little children" actually mean? I do not know many small children who post on game message boards....

Even though I'm willing to give the game a chance if it's a solid 30fps and the gameplay is decent, I will excuse the fact that the game is NOT a DMC game (at least to me) and accept it for what it is.

But as a DMC fan myself, I think the anger is somewhat warranted. DMC fans are hardcore and the series has a strong following. 60fps is a must for the style of gameplay. It's like someone is taking one of the greatest series in the genre and changing things for the worst. How do you not understand how some people would be upset about this?

Last edited by a moderator:

I would understood your observation if the game was been 60 fps, graphically far beyond the prequel & with a character design intriguing, but from now I see everything banal, commercial (the 'Twilight' plot even in the story, soon or later the 'Bella' avatar will make is appareance, I almost sure, Jeez save us...) & I'm worried about the claim of 30 fps... I'll bet more fluctuant 25 fps knowing NT,,, by the way I don't see nothing of better to DMC 4, judgind from now, this is the reason of my skepticism.

I must say I didn't expect to elicit this type of response. I had to take time to really think through why I actually believe this type of behavior towards a game you've never played is reprehensible.

Really, some of "you" simply have no respect for the Developer [Ninja Theory], the development process as a whole and creative freedom. This adaptation ( which it is as in any adaptation ) of Devil May Cry is not to your liking; if your sub-conscious can't be altered on that point why bother trolling the Developer?

It doesn't matter, 30 fps or 60, the only thing that matters is the point of view of the adaptation and how it feels to NT. If they've failed at convincing you toward this adaptation move on but at the end of it all, what I think [about this behavior] is really irrelevant without game in hand, as are your opinions. There's no point in being an arm-chair sidelined Developer.

I must say I didn't expect to elicit this type of response. I had to take time to really think through why I actually believe this type of behavior towards a game you've never played is reprehensible.

Really, some of "you" simply have no respect for the Developer [Ninja Theory], the development process as a whole and creative freedom. This adaptation ( which it is as in any adaptation ) of Devil May Cry is not to your liking; if your sub-conscious can't be altered on that point why bother trolling the Developer?

It doesn't matter, 30 fps or 60, the only thing that matters is the point of view of the adaptation and how it feels to NT. If they've failed at convincing you toward this adaptation move on but at the end of it all, what I think [about this behavior] is really irrelevant without game in hand, as are your opinions. There's no point in being an arm-chair sidelined Developer.

The type of gameplay present in previous DMC titles feels much better when you have higher refresh rate (60 fps) and lower latency (16 ms).

I do not have any respect for Ninja Theory's ability to create/make good game play. Both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved had really crappy game play slightly made up for with good setting, plot and acting.

The type of gameplay present in previous DMC titles feels much better when you have higher refresh rate (60 fps) and lower latency (16 ms).

I do not have any respect for Ninja Theory's ability to create/make good game play. Both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved had really crappy game play slightly made up for with good setting, plot and acting.

...except this isn't Devil May Cry 5.0, it's an adaptation with completely new lore, cannon and gameplay systems. After watching the GC developer interviews this much is apparent and either you accept that or move on. You think griefing NT is going to change their direction and their adaptation of Devil May Cry? Don't you think if Capcom wanted Devil May Cry 5.0 they would've did it inhouse?

Adaptation or not it looks lame...

There are games that when you see it in action you want to play it....then there are those that you don't...

I dont mind the art direction much. I am sure it can grow in me. And the morphing environments have an "INCEPTION" vibe to them which I like.

It is a good thing that Capcom is actively involved in the gameplay area. The problem lies though in the chosen engine.

Part of the DMC's appeal was the fluidity, high response and animation. the MT Framework really worked well for Capcom's games.

The Unreal Engine doesnt seem like it has been modified enough by NT to satisfy the needs of a DMC game.

The action looks choppy which is the basic ingredient for such a game and is directly related to the gameplay.

On a forum to discuss games, you'd think it be appropriate to opine on the direction a game is taking and how it stands up to previous incarnations.

I am disappointed in what has been shown so far. I'll need a good demo to change my mind, but in the past, I would have pre-ordered this pretty much right away.

NT has disappointed me with both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved so I'm unwilling to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm hoping I'm waay wrong on this one and it'll turn out to be great.

Adaptation or not it looks lame...

There are games that when you see it in action you want to play it....then there are those that you don't...

Well, God of War 3 looks lame to hardcore action fans too but that sold nearly twice as much than Devil May Cry 4 and that game was on 3 platforms. Even Lords of Shadow sold better than DMC 4 if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe, just maybe this new adaptation would make DMC relevant again. I don't see how Devil May Cry 5.0 would do any better. If you want that so badly, why not just fire up Devil May Cry 4 and leave this new direction to those who do want to play it?

...except this isn't Devil May Cry 5.0, it's an adaptation with completely new lore, cannon and gameplay systems. After watching the GC developer interviews this much is apparent and either you accept that or move on. You think griefing NT is going to change their direction and their adaptation of Devil May Cry? Don't you think if Capcom wanted Devil May Cry 5.0 they would've did it inhouse?

It is a fighting game and they play much better if they are smooth and responsive. Or have Ninja Theory made an RPG? Both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved would have played better if they would have been smooth and responsive.

Well, God of War 3 looks lame to hardcore action fans too but that sold nearly twice as much than Devil May Cry 4 and that game was on 3 platforms. Even Lords of Shadow sold better than DMC 4 if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe, just maybe this new adaptation would make DMC relevant again. I don't see how Devil May Cry 5.0 would do any better. If you want that so badly, why not just fire up Devil May Cry 4 and leave this new direction to those who do want to play it?

I think God of War is regarded as good by action fans.

Also, if Ninja Theory and Capcom wants to make crappy games, that is fine by me. But it is my birth given right to write on message boards that I think their game is crap and why. Also, that money could be better spent doing something of value, like fast and responsive action games :)

I think God of War is regarded as good by action fans.

Also, if Ninja Theory and Capcom wants to make crappy games, that is fine by me. But it is my birth given right to write on message boards that I think their game is crap and why. Also, that money could be better spent doing something of value, like fast and responsive action games :)

God of War 3 was closer to 30 fps most of the time too and people still liked it. Secondly, NT doesn't create crappy games, neither HS, nor Enslaved were crappy games. Thirdly, it's kind of hard to be a critic with no game in hand. Arm-chair criticism doesn't do anybody any favors and is simply childish.

The game looks really good and I applaud the new team for trying to take the game to a more serious level. The early youtube footage looks almost every bit as good as DMC4, ...but that could be due to the fact that DMC4 also gets shown as 30 fps on youtube :p

maybe NT can ask the star wars team for their 60fps up frame technology?

God of War 3 was closer to 30 fps most of the time too and people still liked it. Secondly, NT doesn't create crappy games, neither HS, nor Enslaved were crappy games. Thirdly, it's kind of hard to be a critic with no game in hand. Arm-chair criticism doesn't do anybody any favors and is simply childish.

GOW 3 is mostly around 40-50 fps, see
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-godofwariii-demo-vs-retail-blog-entry

Both Enslaved and Heavenly Sword had crappy gameplay, but nice setting and story. I see no reason why DMC would play any better based on the info we have been given. And I am not out to do anyone any favours, I am here to discuss games.

I have not experienced the gameplay of DMC. If it is comparable to Enslaved or HS I have no desire to either. If Ninja Theory would create game play that is not dependent on fluidity and (low) latency , that would be cool and I might be interested in that. However, that does not seem to be the case.

Maybe not "crappy", but definitely not top tier either or even second string to me.

I was really disappointed in Heavenly Sword in particular. After all the hype and even posts from a developer on this board, I really wanted to like the game. Unfortunately, it was ultimately only good looking at times, but sub-par playing game.

Given their history of games this gen, is it really so surprising that people are skeptical that NT will deliver? Some don't like the look, some don't like the downgrade to 30 fps and some really wanted more of the old Dante.

Maybe not "crappy", but definitely not top tier either or even second string to me.

I was really disappointed in Heavenly Sword in particular. After all the hype and even posts from a developer on this board, I really wanted to like the game. Unfortunately, it was ultimately only good looking at times, but sub-par playing game.

Given their history of games this gen, is it really so surprising that people are skeptical that NT will deliver? Some don't like the look, some don't like the downgrade to 30 fps and some really wanted more of the old Dante.

I'm not really surprised at all that people won't let their sub-conscious to be moved. This is a sign of immaturity, which is why griefing and trolling NT is childish. Your expectations are intrinsically misplaced. Though, I can't really help you with that I'm afraid.

I'm not really surprised at all that people won't let their sub-conscious to be moved. This is a sign of immaturity, which is why griefing and trolling NT is childish. Your expectations are intrinsically misplaced. Though, I can't really help you with that I'm afraid.

So your opinion is the only one that's valid---give me a break.

Who's trolling NT?
I'm willing to at least for a demo, before I make a call on whether to buy this game or not.
Based on the last 2 games that I bought from NT, I've been disappointed with the gameplay that they've implemented---that's my opinion.

If DMC turns out to be great, I will more than willing to change my mind and vote with my dollars by buying yet another game from them. For me, they've earned 2 strikes and I'm not willing to give them a 3rd one blindly.

We are in a forum, we discuss about that. If my opinion how any other opinion is so irrelevant I don't understood why you feel so bad or irritating about that :???:. I have played the NT games, never been particular impressed to a single work of them; nothing of terrible, good art, good story, opinable tech works (pretty raw to be honest), but more important gameplay & mechanics are ever appeared how dated, too minimal & even superficial (i'm talking of the combat system in heavenly sword & enslaved). Further, the plot not convince me so much. But it's just my opinion, of course.

We are in a forum, we discuss about that. If my opinion how any other opinion is so irrelevant I don't understood why you feel so bad or irritating about that :???:. I have played the NT games, never been particular impressed to a single work of them; nothing of terrible, good art, good story, opinable tech works (pretty raw to be honest), but more important gameplay & mechanics are ever appeared how dated, too minimal & even superficial (i'm talking of the combat system in heavenly sword & enslaved). Further, the plot not convince me so much. But it's just my opinion, of course.

Yes, I get it: basically, you all are in a tiff because NT can't make Devil May Cry 5.0 and you consider that a lesser Developer but I digress at this point....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back