Capcom announces DmC Devil May Cry, developed by Ninja Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

thop

Great Member
Veteran
I know Ninja Theory is popular around here.

A true collaboration, DmC sees the team at Ninja Theory joined by key staff from Capcom’s R&D division. Creative direction for the title will be undertaken by Ninja Theory’s Tameen Antionades and overseen by Hedeaki Itsuno, who has worked on all previous titles in the series. DmC is being co-produced by Capcom’s Japanese and North American development operations.

This should be interesting. DMC4 was pretty good, but I expect better from the series. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Also I don't think Capcom would allow NT to use their MT engine, so I wonder what engine NT will be using as I highly doubt they would use UE3 for a DMC title.

Wait a second, don't tell me that's concept art for the NT game.

If so, I'm sorry but fail before it even hits the stores if that's the case.

I saw the screens. Looks repulsive. Dear god.

8:58PM Ninja Theory director Tameem Antoniades takes the stage. "We're taking a younger Dante" that incorporates the youth culture of today, from fashion to music to street art, etc.

I am disappoint...looks more like a vampire/ dracula game, obviously influenced by Twilight.....my favorite action franchise is ruined.

DMC was actually Capcom's most westernized franchise along with Resident Evil...I just can't see how making it completely western with no Japanese touch or whatsoever is a good idea after all these years. Capcom is wrong if it thinks that Japanese artstyle was holding back the franchise from progressing, if that was the case then DMC1 & DMC3 wouldn't have been a breakaway success in the west.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Platinum Games made the next DMC....who knows we may even have had an epic Bayonetta-DMC crossover, lol.

This is a prequel ? I think they should have shown the grown up Dante first or flash back between them. They struck the same nerve as inFamous 2. May be he'll grow fatter (*burb*), found a red coat and grow white hair near the end of the game ? :devilish:

I love NT too, and I would be interested if this wasn't DMC. But this is murdering the series. I agree.. that's not Dante or DMC at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back