Can this be true....475 for the 6800Ultra core now?

I don't know. It sounds more like they were confused about it going from 475 to 400 more than they had the latest hot scoop that the ultra was back to 475.

I'm not playing fanboy, just giving my input. Here's the pertinent bit in question from that link; and they had the sentence in blue, I only re-created it...it is NOT my emphasis.

That link above said:
nVIDIA’s Steven Sims (desktop senior product manger) was the host and explained some more details about GeForce 6800 Ultra. As we all know,, interesting feature in GeForce 6800 is that it has 16 pipeline, and the processing chip supports shader 3.0.

Also we have gained a little information on the normal 6800 as well. One of variation of be normal 6800 would have 12 pipeline and has 512MB of DDR-1 ram.

Aopen not only showed the card but also demonstrated the performance in 3D mark 03.. They got 11,143 mark on 3dmark which is very close to 12,000. 12,000 is the score that nVIDIA has said to the public (The score we can expect. )
This is the latest information but the core has been boosted from 400 to 475 on nVIDIA’s Geforce 6800.

After the benchmark, the temperature of the heat sink wasn’t very hot. But, the monster seems to be a power sucking hug. To use GeForce 6800Ultra effectively one of the technicians recommended 480watt or higher power supply unit.

I seriously doubt we'll see higher clocks from nvidia until faster memory becomes more available.

Also, the current card is priced at $500, so they won't refresh it until they've given their partners plenty of time to profit on it (unlike the 5800). Just something to think about...

That's kind of disappointing. With the talk of A2 cores that supposedly were the ones that just went out to AIC manufacturers, I figured they surprise would be cards that hit retail with higher core speeds.

Oh well, you can't have everything...

I have not inside info or anything, but I would not be surprised if it actually is released at 475, or if they allow AIB's to choose what they want to do with the clocks.

By that comment PaulS I assume you are "in the know" and are sure that it will only be 400 core?? Is there really a A2 revision? I even heard Uttar talking about it. What is the real deal here?

d2thez said:
By that comment PaulS I assume you are "in the know" and are sure that it will only be 400 core?? Is there really a A2 revision? I even heard Uttar talking about it. What is the real deal here?

LOL that's a dangerous assumption in these here parts my friend. Everybody here would be "in the know" by that logic. :)

I hardly doubt rumours are going to die, especially when the CEO is making statements like:

Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang. When asked about ATi's ability to snatch the performance crown from NVIDIA he responded with, "Tiger Woods doesn't win every day. We don't deny that ATI has a wonderful product and it took the performance lead from us. But if they think they're going to hold onto it, they're smoking something hallucinogenic.''

http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=435&catid=2

Statements like this makes me wonder if the NV 6800 has some performance surprises in store ...

Right now, all Uttar and I are going on is 1. the existence of an A2 revision and 2. that's it. We know an A2 revision exists. We do not know anything at all about it. Forget 475Mhz. You won't see it on the 6800 Ultra. Now, we're thinking that there will be a 6850 Ultra or 6900 Ultra or something with higher clocks.

Actually, we're thinking of something a bit different from that, even, but that crosses from speculation into total insanity. So, forget it. 6800 Ultra is 400/550.

pharma said:
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang. When asked about ATi's ability to snatch the performance crown from NVIDIA he responded with, "Tiger Woods doesn't win every day. We don't deny that ATI has a wonderful product and it took the performance lead from us. But if they think they're going to hold onto it, they're smoking something hallucinogenic.''

Jesus, why do people KEEP bringing that quote up?

d2thez said:

I meant exactly what I said - just that these 475mhz rumours keep popping up. As for the facts, as Baron said - A2 exists, and no doubt will be used in a refresh or mega-high end chip, along with higher clocked memory. The 6800U will still ship at the speeds mentioned in the reviews, for all the reasons people have discussed in other threads.

Why do people KEEP guessing what clocks are going to be? No one knows for certain so why all the supposition? No one who has posted in this thread is "in the know" so 475 is just as good a guess as 400.

pharma said:
Why do people KEEP guessing what clocks are going to be? No one knows for certain so why all the supposition? No one who has posted in this thread is "in the know" so 475 is just as good a guess as 400.

You dare doubt the power of the BARON?!

well we know the 6800 board has room for 512mb or memory, maybe the 475 clock is for a quick refresh part that has 475 clock and probably 700-800mhz memory with 512mb on board for a nice tiddy sum of $499, damn that would be a nice card. :) I guess the baron is probably on to something with 6850, considering ATI are pushing the XT refresh quite a bit ahead.

Nick Spolec said:
pharma said:

You dare doubt the power of the BARON?!
I do know that 6800 Ultra is 400Mhz. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Back