Buying a new monitor on Monday. Want advice.

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
I want something very large because I do a lot of coding and I need more screen space but I also play a lot of games, most of them old.

I use my computer for 9-12 hours a day, so I need to be comfortable staring at the screen.
I want a low dot pitch around .20 and I don't want to spend over $800 AUD but $900 is fine as long as the monitor is very good.

I'm aiming for a 19-21 inch TFT gaming monitor.
I also want a very big life for them because of my extrenous usage.

From the advice and recommendations I've listed a few options.

1. Viewsonic VX924 19" 4ms TFT
2. Viewsonic VP201B
3. Samsung 193P Plus Black
4. Samsung 930MP
5. Samsung 930BF

Out of these 5 monitors, which would be the best for general usage(gaming; new/old games, office use, watching DVDs and TV)?

I'm sure you know, but just in case you don't:

www.staticice.com.au is a good Australian price crawler
www.msy.com.au has some of the best prices in Melbourne but has an awful site (PDF price list!)
Whirlpool.net.au has heaps of threads about LCD's around Oz, particularly relating to Dell specials. I'd recommend picking up one of the high quality Dell monitors via browsing on Whirlpool, personally, since the group deals and such really get you good value. I picked up the Dell 2405 for $1300-odd AU, which is now about $600 off the RRP.

Remember, a good monitor not only increases your computing experience likely more than any other computer part, but it also likely will outlast any other computer part you own several times over from an upgrade standpoint.

Back