Bootable Ghost CD's

Tahir2

Veteran
Supporter
OK this is what I did to make myself a bootable CDROM/Floppy for my ghost images:

Code:
Uhm make a bootable Startup Disk in Win98, edit the autoexec.bat and config.sys a little, delete all the extra files you wont need (e.g. Ramdrive.sys) and put a copy of Ghost.exe in the floppy... you can even add some custom command lines to the autoexec.bat to automate the installation process totally and you are good to go (it took me abut 2 hours to figure all this out).

If anyone wants a copy of my bootable ghost/recovery floppy disk which I burned onto a bootable CDROM using Nero (you can use Ghost to do this bit for you to be honest) let me know and I will host the files

Rightio my question is I need an enhanced Bootable floppy that must be able to do the following.. have the ghost.exe on it (about 700k in itself), must have support for UK keyboards, an OAKCDROM driver, must be able to find the CD Drive on drive Q:, must be able to partition and format drive in one command.. with the relevant options on screen on bootup of the floppy/CDROM.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Put the following in autoexec.bat to load the cdrom to drive Q:

/L:Q

As for files on the boot disk, I think you need at bare minimum:

autoexec.bat
command.com
config.sys
io.sys
msdos.sys
oakcdrom.sys

Those are 616 KB, so you might make it, although you might need mscdex.exe too get the cd-rom drive working. I assume you don't need FDISK if you're ghosting a drive.

I made a zip file of a boot disk that should work for you. Extract it to a floppy and copy ghost.exe to the floppy as well, and you should be good to go. You should even have a little room left over, as the files in the zip archive are only 496 KB unzipped. It's set up to switch to UK keyboard support and load the CDROM drive on drive Q:.

bootdisk.zip

Back