Blue Dragon will ship on 3 DVDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WRT gears of war length, this weeks question at gamasutra is about it, or rather the lack of it
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=11846
Yet it's extremely frustrating to have a game's cutting-edge standards come abruptly to an end after only 6 hours of play. I would rather be moderately impressed by a product's graphics for 24 hours of play-time, than to marvel at them for just a fraction of that length.

When I compare a game like Oblivion to Gears of War, I am hard-pressed to see why Bethesda ably produced almost limitless content; while Epic managed significantly less content in its mission-based play modes. I realize that each game comes from different genres, but the plain fact remains: One exploits the console's capability to accommodate enormous amounts of data, while one does not.

There is no excuse for this, not even the pressure of deadlines. The gaming world is infamous for postponed release dates, and nobody understands or accepts this better than the industry's consumers. I cannot speak for everyone, but for $70, I feel especially robbed when a game's spell breaks too soon."

Reactions: one
I'd much prefer quality to quantity. Max Payne, while short, is an eternal classic. Similarly, GoW is IMO a much better game than Oblivion.

I'd much prefer quality to quantity. Max Payne, while short, is an eternal classic. Similarly, GoW is IMO a much better game than Oblivion.

And the load times are certainly better... And it's got splitscreen with a stable framerate even...

Thread Locked

It seems that every discussions about optical media are bound to end up nowhere. Fast.

It's sadly obvious that no one is actually interested in discussing the technology, the questions around physical game content methods of distribution or even the actual game content stocked on these media.

No, however these threads start, their end is always the same, they turn into the classical discussion with fan persons arguing with each others about the superiority of the piece of CE equipment from the manufacturer that they praise as their master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back