Blue Dragon will ship on 3 DVDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Dragon doesn't hit Japan for another couple of weeks, but there's already talk of a sequel. In the latest issue of Famitsu, producer Hironobu Sakaguchi confirmed plans for a follow up to the big Microsoft-published RPG. Furthermore, while he wouldn't confirm a final platform, Sakaguchi does expect the sequel to appear on the 360.

Including initial planning, development on the title took three years, Sakaguchi revealed. Actual development on the 360 was a two year process. And it was quite the difficult process, it seems, as Sakaguchi claims to have lost 10 kilograms from July 2004, when first interviews were conducted regarding the title.

Blue Dragon ships on three DVDs, making it bigger than any Xbox 360 title to date. According to Sakaguchi, the game required compression technology to fit onto the three disks. In uncompressed form, the game's data takes up over 30 Gigs of space!
Players can expect between 40 to 50 hours of play time for the game. Just playing through the game minus all the side quests, Sakaguchi managed to take 35 hours.

Yep. Discuss.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/747/747023p1.html

I really like this quote:
"According to Sakaguchi, the game required compression technology to fit onto the three disks. In uncompressed form, the game's data takes up over 30 Gigs of space!"

Usually everyone would already know that, say, FMVs are always compressed, that texture assets are always compressed etc. In this case though someone saw a need to preempt the most frequently asked question. Pure comedy gold.

I think this is awesome, 50+ hours? My main worry was that this game would be too short, sounds like that isn't the case. 20hours of sidequests? Nice.

I could care less about an RPG spanning multiple DVD's, it was always expected that games would use multiple DVD's if they needed too, and linear RPG's are the #1 candidate, it doesn't impact my enjoyment at all....

WHere's the real news though??? NA release date dammit! This game is going to rock, I'm calling it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to discuss. 3 DVD's is fine by me. Hopefully the game is good and we get it soon. Curious to read reviews on it.

3 discs didn't seem to hurt FF7 that much did it? Looking at the hardware issues and delays for the PS3 the 360's hardware has done pretty well for itself even without next gen media.

Who cares. If the next Grand Theft you have to switch disks everytime you go into another city then I might have something to complain about. In this case, it doesn't matter.

The thing is, the console is in its first year. What about in 4 or 5 years? That might become a problem don't you guys think? And games in multiple discs doesn't always work for all types of games if i'm not mistaken.

The thing is, the console is in its first year. What about in 4 or 5 years? That might become a problem don't you guys think? And games in multiple discs doesn't always work for all types of games if i'm not mistaken.

The X720 will be out if 4-5 years...

Thats not really the point is it? oO

What's the point then? in 2010-11 we'll be looking at new things anyway. 3-4 disc is not a problem. FF7 had 3 and the next two FF games had four discs, it was never a problem. It is possible though that multiple discs can become a small problem in some games, but on overall I don't see this as a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back